Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: January 25, 2015 11:37PM

Seriously, the house of the Lord is always closed on the Lord's day?

Has anyone ever wondered why?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 12:01AM

Because Mormons don't go to the movies on 'the sabbath'...

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 12:04AM

1. The temple workers and attendees are needed to populate the Sunday sacrament meetings. Otherwise, the church buildings would be even emptier than they are now. It's the same few thousand adults that work in the temples, go on missions, populate all of the Sunday sacrament meetings, fill all the callings, clean the buildings, and take care of the church yards

2. 'cause Mormons can't ever miss church, not even to go to church.

I just got a good idea how to keep Mormons away from your funeral, a party, a family reunion, a book club, and from anything else. Plan it for a Sunday!

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 12:04AM

But for some reason, it's okay to keep the bishops, clerks and ward leadership in meetings all day. And missionaries work on Sunday, don't they?

I personally would have LIKED to be able to go to the temple on Sunday, because it would be an approved Sunday activity and I would have had time to do it. I would imagine temple workers wouldn't have thought of it as "work", since they don't get paid.

I think it's odd that it's closed. If I had been a temple worker, I would have preferred to have worked on Sunday, and gotten a better day off (a day without restrictions).

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 12:18AM

So an apostle can sneak in and give the elite their Second Anointing.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 12:33AM

Because people hand over their tithing checks in church buildings on Sunday. Opening the temple on Sunday would distract from this most holy ordinance.

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 12:54AM

If they were open on Sundays, temple attendance would improve big time for the morg!!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 01:15AM

Because they're not churches?

RB

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 03:53AM

In Christiandom, Sunday is God's day. The CULT is anything but interested in God since they are pure EVIL. It is a not so subtle statement that they are NOT into God but are into EVIL.

The CULT has many not so subtle things it does that TBMs fail to notice for some reason... like the handshakes are on the side of the temple for all to see (some secret); the Jesus in the visitor center on SLC's temple square is casting s shadow over the earth. THAT'S A BIG ONE THAT CULTers STAND ALL AMAZED WHILE LOOKING LIKE THE MORONS THEY ARE..
I could go on and on

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 04:07AM

Because the angels and heavenly visitors need a day they can play tag.

Posted by: heberjgrunt ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 07:29AM

I think it is because they really aren't as serious about temple attendance as they claim to be. I used to wonder about them being closed on Sunday too. If they opened the temples on Sunday, they would definitely have more people show up.

Temples are for guilting the members and pressuring them to pay tithing. If they really believed that they were doing work for the dead and it was urgent, the temples would be open 24/7.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 11:01AM

Well we know the Kirtland temple was definitely open for business on Sundays.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 11:08AM

So those deceased people can play hide and seek in the temple on Sunday as they celebrate. Also it allows the deceased to take swim and frolic in the baptism font! In the temples that still serve food they get to have a heavenly meal. And for the deceased elite they get to sit in the Celestial Room and play cards.

Seriously, can SP or higher ups go to the temple on Sundays and just sit in the Celestial room and meditate. Is this the time the prophet goes to the "special room" in the Salt Lake Temple?

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 05:03PM

Well, gosh, because the members are supposed to go to Sacrament Meeting and others on Sunday. What kind of temple workers would they be if they didn't attend the Sunday meetings? ...

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 08:48PM

Somebody needs to show up at the three hours of propaganda.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 09:21AM

So it's busier during the week.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.