Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Just a lurker ( )
Date: May 20, 2017 10:10PM

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/docproject
A fiend told me about this yesterday Think its a good listen

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Felix ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 03:37PM

Thanks for posting the link. It was worth the listen. Early in the discussion they talked about a study that found that the happiest people in life are those who have a strong community of support such as family, friends and church. They mentioned that in communities with a predominately Mormon population, the church had become their primary support group and that leaving the church caused them to feel especially alone and ostracized. Leaving the church not only meant being ostracized by church members but often included damage to family relationships.

This reminded me of something I have often thought about. I have often wished to find a community of like minded people (secular humanists) who with open minds join their energy, talents and resources to build a better world. No doubt an insurmountable undertaking as it would have to be based upon agreement of principles and ideology stemming from research and empirical evidence. This model of community however would be better than a community built upon religious mythology.

Later in the discussion they mentioned how the women were taught the value of being chaste by passing a rose around the room and were instructed to feel of its soft pedals and examine its beauty. When the rose had gone around the room it was then observed how the handling of it had damaged it and caused its pedals to droop as compared to another rose which was still pristine and fresh looking.
My question: Shouldn't males be considered equally soiled by premarital sex and why didn't I ever receive this kind of lesson?
Polygamy is also kind of like passing a male rose around the room in my estimation as it can have a damaging affect on the marital relationship.

Posted by: DumbLawyer ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 04:22PM

Let's form the secular humanist society.

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 03:46PM

Thank you for posting the link! This was so good and I never would have found it otherwise. All three women spoke very honestly. I didn't listen to much from the RS ores or the guy, sorry. Still hard for me to be objective.

Thanks again!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.