Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: >.< ( )
Date: January 07, 2017 09:39AM

Mormonism is all about the slick veneer and covering up the derelict, rotting structure just under the surface. Seeing this behavior day in and day out by the leadership seems to rub off on the members. This carries over into things like the pimping MLMs as the way to get rich when the reality is, 99.9999% of the people in MLMs end up spending more than they make.

This was driven home when I read a TBM brag letter recently. I know the back story on this family so it was actually comical reading the "we are doing so wonderfully well" letter. As just one example from the letter, the uber TBM dad was being lauded as a huge success in his small business. The reality is he managed to reduce the value of every $100 from his investors to a whopping $0.50 in just a handful of months. If this family had been honest in the brag sheet, there would have been statements like "huge losses" and "teetering on the brink of bankruptcy." It all sounds exactly like the current "phenomenal growth" with TSCC itself.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 07, 2017 10:21AM

Mormonism could have this tag line: "Live a lie. What can possibly go wrong?".

Well, you could lose your ability to distinguish between lies and truth. You could base decisions on how truthy things sound rather than looking for facts. You could let your feelings be a guide to whether something is true, which is at best a misapplication of gut feelings. You could learn to project truthiness, sincerity and honesty while being a master of situational ethics because Jesus will forgive you.

I think they all deserve each other.

Posted by: neverevermo ( )
Date: January 13, 2017 02:04PM

love the tag line!

Posted by: notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: January 07, 2017 11:53AM

This is why I have all Mormons on FB on my restricted list. Can't stand to witness their constant attempts at promoting their perfect selves which I happen to know are far less than perfect.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: January 13, 2017 11:17PM

Same here, plus I got sick of the propaganda from HQ they love to post. My FB feed has been much more tolerable since I did that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2017 11:18PM by adoylelb.

Posted by: incognitotoday ( )
Date: January 07, 2017 12:11PM

Image, fear and superstition. The heart and soul of all they are. Add in sanctimonious, self-rightous phoney's and you've dialed it in. '

Lets go shopping.' Gawd, what bunch of deluded imbeciles. All of moism is about money. All of it.

'Sister x, I see you have scriptures but no bag to carry them in. We all need a bag. They are on the 'bishop's sale' at Deseret Books.' I know you'll feel more included and special if you have a bag. That way we'll all know you truly believe and will do what it takes to conform to the cookie cutter shape, size and dimension. What, you can't afford it? Just fast for a week, pray and save your money. Gawd will prepare a way. By the way, could you make funeral potatoes tomorrow? Brother Jackson's family is so poor. Please help out. Blessings to you and them...'

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: January 07, 2017 12:25PM

Mormonism=compulsive lying

Ole lying Joey built it right into the walls. Give me your nice black sheep there, he said, and I will waltz it around in a circle three times and then, and only then, we will find that huge buried treasure. Ole Joey was hungry, that fat sheep looked mighty invitin', he knew damn well that waltzing the sheep around in a circle did nothing but make the little guy dizzy, but he didn't care.

He was having fun fooling some fool and filling his belly full as well, all the while not having to break any sweat in plowing some silly old field.

Life was a lyin' game to him and his legacy is alive and well in the MormonCult.....monkey see, monkey do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2017 12:27PM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: January 07, 2017 12:56PM

So true.

You must give the appearance of happiness and that you are receiving blessings for being righteous.

The church must give the appearance of everything being inspired and that God is driving the bus. They must protect the Lard and His church from anything that is not praiseworthy and uplifting!

This is a tough order for a cult and its cult-lings, so they lie.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.