Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 08:29PM

He is gay. He ran into my ex at some time in the years after we married at a gay hookup place and they talked. People at work told me he was gay, but I just hoped he wasn't as the issues was causing me enough angst in my life. I also thought gay/straight marriages were few and far between. NOBODY even talked about gay in Utah at the time.

If the leaders had just told me to talk to anyone, I may have been more informed. Found out later that one of the girls in our circle of friends in the singles ward had dated someone gay, stayed friends with him, and gone on to marry someone else. If only I had had someone to talk to besides church leaders.

The more I think, the more I remember. One of my ex's "great loves" was married and he was seeing him while we were in the singles ward. He had at least 8 children (4 at the time I knew him) and he is still married. We even went places with them as a couple and I had no clue. She did. One time we were watching, "On Golden Pond" and they all laughed when they talked about the 2 women living a deviant lifestyle and I was completely baffled. This couple's oldest son was in a gay relationship for about 5 or 6 years, suddenly broke up with his boyfriend and got married in the temple. Not sure how that has worked out.

And I've talked about 2 of his friends from his hometown. They are still married and cheat regularly. They hold positions like temple worker and bishopric callings. They can't believe we don't believe in the lds church any longer. One of them, his wife told him that there would BE NO DIVORCE, that they were keeping up the facade. Recently, he texted my ex and said, "She doesn't even want anything to do with me, but we must keep up the facade."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2015 08:32PM by cl2.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.