Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: redpill ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 06:47PM

That pretty much sums it up for me today. I am still dealing with those feelings and emotions of leaving the mormons. Oh, and my parent's helped them do it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2015 06:48PM by redpill.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ohdeargoodness ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 06:55PM

Ouch. So sorry dear!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 07:12PM

Pathetic that we couldn't trust our parents or their church.

Posted by: dinah ( )
Date: January 13, 2015 12:20AM

Sometimes simple statements like that really sink in deeper.
It's absurd and awful at the same time. And that makes it all the worse.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: January 13, 2015 12:35AM

We'll never get our money, time, or soul back. No retribution. Not even so much as a "thank you for your valued membership for all those years." We receive only punishments and shunning from the Mormons when we stop letting them scam us.

The scamming just continues, with new victims, new children born in the covenant. Babies are the cult's #1 source of new victims. My anger knows no bounds, when I see my grandchildren brainwashed.

Blame the cult, not necessarily your parents, who are brainwashed victims, too.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: January 13, 2015 11:25AM

What I hate is how badly my parents were scammed. After a whole lifetime of trying to buy their way into heaven, they're left with enough to barely cover their needs. Barely. And if you really look at their needs, not just what they can get by with, they're not even there. They try to tolerate each other, but it's hard. Especially for my mom. I can't remember ever, even as a kid, thinking they were happy with each other.

Yet they still have visions of their mansions in the sky and that their spirits actually somehow will want to be together for eternity. A lifetime scam and it is so very sad to watch.

Date: January 13, 2015 12:40PM

Breeze,
I know I am not supposed to blame my parents and they are also victims. I just need to hear it again every so often.

I think the helplessness of helping them is hard. I wish there were some religion police I could call and make it stop.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: January 13, 2015 11:18AM

Redpill, I know with me that usually my emotions go down several notches after I voice or write down my feelings concerning the church/cult. It is amazing how it makes me feel better.

I think it is too easy to fall into the trap the church/cult and TBM's can throw us in and telling it like it really is, if even to ourself, validates the craziness as real.

Date: January 13, 2015 12:44PM

I notice that I go in cycles with posting and viewing this forum as my emotions and mental state go from high to low. I does help to have a place to vent. Thanks.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.