Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: erisophia ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 05:48PM

So, prior to investigating the Mormon church (I posted a thread on this earlier) I was interested in Christopaganism- a sect of Paganism that incorporates Christian ideology, or the other way around. A lot of my father's side of the family are pagans and wiccans whereas my mother's side where Christians, so this fitted me nicely and now that I'm cutting ties with Mormonism I'm going to return to Christopaganism/Christowicca since it truly made me happy.

The other week in Gospel Principles, a Heavenly Mother was mentioned who Mormons apparently believe in. Is she similar to the Divine Feminine figure I occasionally pray to? (I believe she has many names but I usually refer to her as Sophia (Gnostic), Asherah or Shekinah (Jeudo-Christian, I believe).

Or are there many Heavenly Mothers? Is God a polygamist in their eyes? Is that why the Heavenly Mother isn't discussed? Or does it just come down to their women hating?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2015 06:22PM by erisophia.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 05:51PM

You have a heavenly mother, which one you say that's a good question.

Posted by: jcrichards ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 05:55PM

I always thought that polygamy was a higher principle that those who go to super VIP heaven will practice. So I therefore assumed that God had multiple wives. But, I don't know what the official church stance is on it or if they even have one.

Posted by: Anozzz ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 05:59PM

No Heavenly Mother since Mormonism is made up religion.

Sorry other thread closed. Wanted to could post this:

http://members.shaw.ca/blair_watson/
Psychological effects of Mormonism

https://m.youtube.com/user/askreality
Chris Johnson's "How I Lost My Testimony"

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 05:59PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavenly_Mother_%28Mormonism%29

As far as I know, only Brigham Young has made the claim that "heavenly father" is a polygamist.

Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 06:01PM

You need to be careful, because the missionaries only brought this up because it would impress you to mention that they believe God has a wife.

We have no scriptures and no explanation of what she is like. We only believe(d) in her implicitly because we believe(d) we are "the literal offspring" of God.

She is never talked about ever. She is not prayed to. She is not worshipped. We only have one hymn about her, but it's not even a hymn of praise. It's called O My Father, and the whole thing is 4 verse logical buildup To the idea that there's probably a mother in heaven as well as a father.

But why do we never talk about her? Mormons will say "because she's so sacred." Why don't we have any scriptures about her? "Because God loves her so much, that he doesn't want her name to be used in vain like his."

The reality is that heavenly mother is a squaw/house-wife. She is second to the Father, and exists only as his jewel to glorify him with his trillions of spirit kids. She is what all tbm women can hope to be: an eternally pregnant goddess who is completely dependent on her husband for everything.

In the temple, mormons make the covenants they believe will transform them into Gods after the resurrection. And part of this covenant is for the woman to swear that she will submit herself to her husband and obey his voice as he obeys God.

It's a feminist's hell house.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2015 06:03PM by Cold-Dodger.

Posted by: erisophia ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 06:05PM

Yeah, the feminine divine I feel a connection with is more of an Artemis/Diana type figure, nothing like that.
Thank you.

Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 06:16PM

That's the only reason they brought it up was to win you over. ;) you need to see through their bs.

Posted by: Elder OldDog ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 06:33PM

It's really, really helpful to your eternal progress is Elohim likes your mother more than he likes most of his other wives. Then she can wheedle goodies and special favors from him on your behalf.

Also, who your heavenly mother's dad is is important! Think about it!

Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 06:44PM

They taught Heavenly Mother in Gospel Principles? Not sure they're supposed to do that. That seems more meaty than milky.

The church does teach Heavenly Mother, but very quietly. Every person who has ever lived existed before birth in a pre-mortal life, and are the literal spirit children of God and Mrs. God. But since there have been at least 90 billion people so far, Mr. and Mrs. God have been very busy. Yes, they are anatomically correct and have amazing bodies.

Early prophets and apostles (Young and Kimball, I think Pratt too, maybe others) said that only polygamists could become gods. So, it's quite possible that Mr. God has a lot of Mrs. Gods, which is good because having 90 billion children alone must be exhausting. We don't know how big Mr. God's harem might be.

But a few years ago, Gordon the Living Prophet said on national media that becoming gods was just a couplet and that he wasn't sure the church taught that any more. Many TBM heads kind of exploded that day.

I've expressed all this in a joking manner, but I'm not kidding. This is the doctrine. Mormonism is a literalist religion.

---------

Okay, I'm kidding about THIS part, but it's still grounded in Mormon doctrine:

HM, The Heavenly Motherâ„¢ Magazine (a division of Heavenly Father Reserve, Inc.)
- What to Do When You're NOT Pregnant
- Adding Your Touch to Hubby's Earthlike Planets
- Perfect Floral Arrangements For Your Eternal Mansion
- Having "The Talk" With Your Spirit Daughter
- Kitchen Tips: Cooking For 90 Billion
- Ultraviolet is the New Black: Matching Shoes and Accessories

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.