Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 12:02AM

This video (garmies video) is linked below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkTz_NQqKA8

In the newsletter for Mormon Researched this month, the first page has an article about the garmies video. Most of us on the board have seen the video. If not, it is linked here.
What is interesting in this article is that it mentions how offended the CULT gets when these garmies become the topic of public discussion. But then the CULT puts out a video supposedly to explain the reason they have these and how they are no different from other religious clothing.
It goes on to say how the CULT doesn't like it when non-Mos call these magic undies and how this is very inaccurate and a misunderstanding. It states that the undies are not magic. SO this is a misunderstanding that the video should address why people think they are magic (i/e the many times the garmies have been credited with actually offering protection to the wearer.) The CULT itself has created this misunderstanding by making these claims of protection.
The video does not address where the misunderstanding comes from. Of course that would mean throwing the CULT's own words under the bus.
The CULT taught that the garmies save people from harm like magic and then get pissed when people call them on it. They don't address their own role in it at all.

For those of you who read the mrm research, you already know about this.
This month's newsletter is full of some quite interesting articles including about the essays etc.
Check it out at www.mrm.org

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2015 12:07AM by verilyverily.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 12:15AM

To sane people, "my underwear provides supernatural protection" means "magic underwear."
To mormons, it means, "sacred, holy, supernaturally-blessed and possessing of special powers underwear."

I find the shorter term both apt and more economical :)

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 12:24AM

"supernaturally-blessed and possessing of special powers" = magic to many and it certainly sounds like magic.

I've heard stories about how the person's entire leg had 3rd degree burns EXCEPT where the garmie was and it wasn't even red, etc. YEAH right.

Why aren't these people (the ones who survived these burns) ever in SM to tell us in person. It is always someone who knows someone who heard about it. FAKE CRAP.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2015 12:24AM by verilyverily.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 05:37AM

They don't want outsiders to talk about the underwear without calling them holy garments in a tone of awe and honor.

That's silly!

Mormons have a right to worship and wear whatever they choose. They don't have a right to expect non-mormons to worship their underwear as they do.

Posted by: AlmostGone1 ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 12:18PM

I believe the exact wording in the temple is that they will "be a shield and protection as long as you do not defile it"

Sounds magical to me.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 02:29PM

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: January 13, 2015 12:43PM

Because God wants you to show how much you love Him by wearing frumpy underwear.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.