Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ladyhawk ( )
Date: January 11, 2015 06:38PM

Missionaries frequently come into the place where I work, young ones and seniors. They always act so crazy! They don't know me, so they don't have a personal reason. They are just so, freakin' weird. Why can't they just act like normal people? ( I wish I could give examples, but don't want to divulge my employer.) Even awkward, high school kids or obviously shy, introverted folks don't hold a candle to their oddities. Most of those types I can figure out right away and understand. After all, I am introverted,

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mothermayeye ( )
Date: January 11, 2015 11:14PM

Now I'm dying to hear these crazy stories haha. What a cliff hanger haha

Posted by: Emmabiteback ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 12:29AM

They probably know they are out of place and try to just go with it..physical mannerisms can give them away. Nervous laugh, doe eye contact (blank stare), possibly chewing the hell out of the straw from their camelbak..

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 03:01AM

I was in a doctors' waiting room, when two Mormon women missionaries came in, sat down, and started talking loudly about "The Gospel of Jesus Christ." One took the role of interviewer, and the other answered the questions, which were too rehearsed, too familiar. They weren't wearing name tags. They were so annoying, and I felt so sick, that I went over to them and told them they weren't fooling anybody. I asked them which doctors they were there to see, and they said they were waiting for a friend. I pointed out a lady that was trying to sleep, and others who couldn't hear their TV show above the missionaries' loud talking. They shut up, and left quickly.

Doctors' offices seem to be a new trolling area for Missionaries. One of my friend heard two other missionaries having a similar conversation in the long line at the Post Office at Christmastime. Wherever and whenever there is a captive audience.

I suspect your place of business has a waiting area, right?

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 05:02AM

Breeze Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Wherever and whenever there is a
> captive audience.
>

You mean, an audience that can't easily walk away...

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 01:27PM

I would be beyond annoyed if this happened in my Dr's waiting room. That's so out of line. The last thing you want to do is listen to two people go on and on about their religion. If I had to guess, I bet they do this on buses too.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 05:21AM

It would be similar to the Tasmanian devil being hired as a ballerina.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: January 12, 2015 01:05PM

I saw some young ladies at Aldi shopping and the thought going through my mind was that these girls are Mormon missionaries. One caught this old man's eye and I couldn't help thinking she'd make a fine second wife.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: January 13, 2015 10:57AM

Mormons seem to be so awkward maybe because they think the real world is not the real world... and constantly have to protect themselves [from themselves/TMC/evil]; they can't let go and let God, or whatever you want to call it; believing you are free and being free are altogether separate from one another.

MORMONIsm is awkward and backward and generally a lying, thieving, two-faced coward. It can't show itself because it doesn't know itself - the majority it's adherents, ironically enough, don't know its history, inside-and-out, and it can always go BeLOW itself. It can't dance because it doesn't hear the music (over its incessant talking). It will never know the high heavens and still be able to keep its toes on the ground. It wants to be the rainbow yet try to stay stay black and white (not red)... or more realistically, some form of grey. The more people that see through the haze, the more it goes away.

Mormonism stunts natural behaviors, twists proper relationships and inhibits normal physical/ psychological/ spiritual & moral growth and development, making one (following it), shall we say, awkward (shallow, possibly), maniacal and/ or [certainly (etetnally?)] uncomfortable (and maybe even embarrassed, ashamed, afraid, encumbered, burdened, heavy...).

Unfortunately many of us know a little what it's like living as a mormon. One would hate to think but be sure to know that dying one would sure be (a greater) hell.

M@t

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: January 13, 2015 11:29AM

Mormany, your words describing Mormonism are poetic, painting a vivid picture. I enjoyed them very much.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: January 13, 2015 12:09PM

Missionary boys are given the ridiculous title of "Elder" at 18. They dress like MBAs at IBM and carry themselves as if they graduated from theology school instead of the MTC.

They try to carry this act off with all seriousness, but the adolescent breaks out too often. They should be Freshmen in college, and instead they are "God's Army". Their peers are sleeping through classes and playing beer pong while they get up at 6 am to read JS's novel in a language they barely understand.

It is an absurd situation and it leads to lots of awkwardness and some serious problems. Their immaturity shows through often and in painful ways.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.