Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Gone girl ( )
Date: October 21, 2016 11:30PM

Hubby and I are watching a 'killers' concert on MTV drinking a glass of wine. The song "all the things that I have done" just ended. We both got a bit choked up. What a great ex Mormon song. We were envisioning the whole concert crowd as ex Mormons.
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 21, 2016 11:40PM

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: October 21, 2016 11:49PM

Gone Girl, may I ask if this was the episode of Austin City Limits that the Killers did in 2005?

If not, here's another great version of that same song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEI53lo53fw

I remember reading when this show was on that they arrived in Austin a day or 2 before the show and someone decided they needed a gospel choir so they had like 24 hours to get them ready. There's not many rock songs that don't sound great with a gospel choir!!

They were really big in Las Vegas and I remember seeing them at the Hard Rock one summer evening live, before the first album came out. Don't remember what I was doing there because I hated the Hard Rock.

And then in 2014, I was working in downtown Las Vegas and they have the Life Is Beautiful festival, which has yet to make money but the CEO of the company I worked put lots of money into it.

The main stage of the festival was right outside our building across LV Blvd, and it was really noisy. On Saturday night, I worked my late shift and as I walked to my car, several of us stopped in the parking garage and watched the Killers perform live across the street, for free!

Posted by: John Mc ( )
Date: October 22, 2016 01:17AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2016 08:16AM by davetheseer.

Posted by: Gone girl ( )
Date: October 22, 2016 02:20PM

Not sure where this particular concert was from. It was on MTV last night as my husband was flipping through the channels.
I hear Brandon flowers is still devout but I wonder if he has to play the game a bit because of his wife's devout belief. Obviously speculating because I have no connection there.

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: October 22, 2016 08:17AM

I was under the impression Mr Flowers was a devout member - am I terribly behind the times?

Posted by: SaturdayPost ( )
Date: October 22, 2016 09:10AM

Mr. Flowers was a devout follower as of 2015 anyway, when he gave an interview to the Daily Beast extolling the virtues of his faith and excusing its homophobia by saying "but Catholics!":

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/03/31/brandon-flowers-on-his-new-solo-album-kicking-booze-and-mitt-romney-s-mormon-ambassadorship.html

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.