Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 10:10PM

Just received a card from an old dorm mate from my year at Ricks, '48 years ago. Dude is a retired high school principle from Morgan, Utah and started sending me cards 10 years ago. After news about their fall hunts and what is going on at his ranch, he reports on the inner city mission he and wife are doing in Ogden and how many grandchildren are on missions.....and I might just send him a note and ask him to hold the cards....and tell him I'm no longer a member of the church....I'll ponder that over the summer.

Ron Burr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2014 11:06PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ragnar ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 01:51AM

Send him a sympathy card in return, expressing your deep sorrow at his losing close contact with his grandchildren, due to their labors in supporting and perpetuating the Joseph myth.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 04:43AM

Funny I grew up in the "Second stake of Zion" aka Ogden stake, two blocks from temple square. The service missionaries use to descend from on high (Morgan) to come and assist us because we were just so helpless and in soo much need of their 'speshul' testimony. We had 18 couples who would condescend to our sacrament services each Sunday. Sometimes they would entertain the youth by showing them their estates.

Ogdenites are in just soo much awe at the blessing of having the rich descend from glory for one hour a week to bask in their presence.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.