Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pied Piper ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 08:14PM

We'll I'll start. There would be chaos everywhere. Dad would get himself ready then instead of helping my mother with the rest of my siblings he would go sit on the table and read his scriptures or study his priesthood lesson while my mother would be yelling and screaming for my siblings to look for their shoes scriptures blah blah while dad would just sit there look at his church books then go sit in the family van start the engine then start beeping for everyone to get in the van so we can all go to church. I hated that fucking lifestyle. So how about your families please share. Fuck you LDS inc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: matt ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 08:20PM

That's pretty much it, isn't it?

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 08:27PM

it was awful.

It was a struggle to get out the door with kids dressed and hair combed, diaper bag, bottles, entertainment and toys.

Inevitably, someone would poop their diaper or get hungry AGAIN right when it was time to get in the car. (The other favorite time to poop was during the sacrament).

Then it was 3 hours of wrestling with the kids. And coming home exhausted and frustrated because nobody got anything out of the meetings.

Posted by: freedomatlast ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 09:35PM

It used to be the worst day of the week for me! Sunday was my only day off. We would get up at 7 or 7:30 and run around crazy all morning yelling at kids to get up and get dressed. We would be out the door at 8:30 to catch the subway. We would ride for 2 hours while trying to keep the kids off the floor. Freaking out if they got dirty or if their hair got messed up. Once at church, we would wrestle tired kids who had already put in 2 hours of trying to sit still. After Sac. Mtg. my wife would continue to primary to wrestle with kids for another 2 hours while I went to my other mtgs. Once church was over we'd open up the over-sized bag that we'd hauled for the past 5 hours to get out our lunches. (Heaven forbid that we go out to eat on Sunday) After we ate our lunch we'd head back to the subway for another 2 hours. That was PURE HELL!! Now that I'm out, I still wake up at 7/7:30. I stay in my PJs and help my wife with the kids. I make a hot breakfast and we all enjoy it together. My wife is still stressed and still yells at the kids to get them out the door in time. We now hire a driver to take them to church so she doesn't have to endure 2 hours on the subway. (Now she just endures a 1 hour car ride each way) While they're at church I kick back, take a nap, check e-mails, watch a movie, and enjoy life. Sunday is my FAVORITE day of the week while still the worst day of the week for my TBM DW. I wish she and the kids would join me. Maybe some day!!!

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 12:36AM

They'll wonder, "Why is Dad still in his pajamas?" "How come Dad doesn't have to go to church?"

Which will progress to: "I think I'll stay home with Dad today." "Me too! Me too!"

And later, "Have fun at church, Mom."

Maybe Mom will see the light.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 12:39AM

My stepson lives in Manhattan. They have two little kids and go through the Sunday shuffle every Sunday. I can't even imagine the hell that would be. We spent one day with 4 adults and two kids traveling on the subway. I only did that one time and would never do it again. I certainly wouldn't do it to go to church.

Hopefully your wife will soon see the light and quit putting herself and the kids through all that.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 12:36AM

I know one thing for damn sure that...

if the 12 Black Suit Doofusses had been the ones Sunday Morning to get their kids up, try to find two shoes that matched, referee the fights, cook the oatmeal,

finally have kids hair combed, faces washed, make sure the darlings visited the bathroom once more before heading out the door, arrive at church MAYBE in one piece,

and THENNN had to supervise said kids for a gawd-awful-long-3-hour-block,

church would only last 1 hour at the max.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 12:46AM

Busy and boring....and the older I got the more boring Sunday mornings got...until I got my driver's licence and first car....then skipping SS was my Sunday MO...

Ron Burr

Posted by: twistedsister ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 12:51AM

What was Sunday morning like? Shitty. Trying to get myself and 3 kids fed and dressed and out the door by myself for years and years (because dh had more important things to do like go to the meetings). I'd arrive at church frazzled and angry before it even started. Dh would look over at me and ask me how the morning went, at which time I'd shoot daggers out of my eyes at him and hiss "don't talk to me right now".

Now if that doesn't sound like a joyous spiritual way to start church, I don't know what is.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 12:53AM

It was the worst day of the week until the mission.

I was raised by a single mom. It was just the two of us. She lived for the mormon church. Her entire life from birth to death revolved around the mormon church. Sunday was her favorite day. She looked forward to it starting Monday. I hated it and let her know good and well.

So every Sunday morning it was a fight. A screaming mimi, knock out, drag out, knives-are-getting-pulled type of fight.

I distinctly remember driving to church once getting SCREAMED at, and I quote "Every Sunday is a living HELL with you!".

Lovely.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.