Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pittsburg ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 06:32PM

Branson has several wards and it is only a town of about 10,000 people...well...plus 8,000,000 tourists every year. Then there is the issue that as a prime destination for these 8,000,000 tourists there are 10s of thousands (almost 85,000 to be exact) that live in the Branson Micropolitan Statistical Area that are employed to support the numerous shows, restaurants, hotels, etc.

As a recent article in the Springfield MO newspaper stated:

"At one Branson church, license plates from other states outnumber those from Missouri. Less than a mile away, visitors at another church mark their hometowns by pushing straight pins into a map in the foyer." The writer went on to quote a member of the local clergy (not Mormon but the effect on their church is the same), "We have a large church, and we'll say that each week it's really not for us, it's for the visitors that come each week."

Yep those Branson wards are possible in part from the numerous people that attend Sunday services while on vacation in Branson. This is well known among those who live in this area. Additionally, I have talked with friends and relatives from UT, AZ, and ID that have visited Branson. They discuss which ward to attend on Sunday in Branson based on what Mormon performers they would like to attend church with.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 06:40PM

The concept of assigned wards being flirted with by the faithful.

Imagine an adult choosing a place of worship based on their preferences, not by assignment.

The horror! Mormon leadership must be alerted and begin selling indulgences and priviliges for the more desirable Branson wards. I think those that pay less than 10% tithes should not be allowed to worship with an Osmond. Temple recommend holders only.

Posted by: WestBerkeleyFlats ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 06:48PM

Great, the issue of Branson LDS wards has been keeping me up awake at nights. I'm glad to have closure.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 08:36PM

hehe. I had a good laugh at that.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 10:10PM

dammit.
you beat me to the punch line.

Posted by: Pittsburg ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 08:28AM

WestBerkeleyFlats Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great, the issue of Branson LDS wards has been
> keeping me up awake at nights. I'm glad to have
> closure.

Good to know. I will gladly take my comments elsewhere.

Cheers

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 08:38PM

I know a famous Branson performer that is die hard TBM. A clever and talented person. So sad they can't unlock their mind from the TSCC lies.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 09:39PM

They're not doing quite as well in Bronson, where everyone looks like Charles and says, "Dis ain't over."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.