Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: MRM ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 06:03PM

The local Mormon church building is across the street from a Baptist Church and the Baptist Church has tons of Christmas lights and decorations. The Mormon church has zero lights or decorations. Stark difference.

Several years ago the local Mormon church had some Christmas lights but nothing for the past several years. Is this something else the Mormons have cut back on.

I heard a Stake person say it was a fire hazard. Same standard answer they give about other issues.

Is this becoming the norm? Once again the Mormons gives the impression of a non-traditional Christian Church.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: schlock ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 06:14PM

♪♫

Hark the herald angels sing, glory to the newborn high-wattage king...

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 06:21PM

Obviously, I pay no attention to the churches around me. It seems kind of gauche to me, for a church to be very heavily decorated, but I probably got that attitude from Mormonism. It never ceases to amaze and annoy me how, even after 35 years, I still sometimes think like a Mormon. Ugh.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 08:28PM

I've noticed that the only things that are decorated are Mormon temples, because if they claim it's a fire hazard for their local buildings, the fire insurance they get from the members' tithing is enough for them to decorate the temples.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 08:39PM

There never used to be fire insurance on Mormon chapels. Is that still the case?

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 08:33PM

Fire hazard my ass...the bolted the damn windows shut in the primary rooms t our building so tell me again how worried they are about fire hazards.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 08:34PM

Be it known that Mesa has cut waay back on temple xmas lighting.

Nothing like it used to be years ago.

God's goin green I betcha.

Leds cost way more than their aging incandescent cheapos.

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 12:16PM

Stark contrast to the $200K display going on in temple square. There is money for the capital in SLC but no money for everyone else. Typical.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.