Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Already Gone ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 01:50PM

Any dirt on them? We get a lot of dirt on Joseph and Brigham, but what about them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wow ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 02:06PM

Would Taylor saying that blacks were allowed to survive the flood with Noah so Satan could have representatives on Earth, or Woodruff Marrying his secretary on a cruise between San Fran and Seattle since technically they weren't in the United states count as dirt.

Think about it this way, when a established fraud can only survive through the support and continuation of the fraud by willing co-conspirators is not every word spoken by a Mormon "Prophet" ---- "DIRT"

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 02:20PM

Note that Woodruff's "marriage" on the boat was long after the "manifesto..."
And he was the one who issued it.

Madame Mountford was more than he could resist :)

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: December 26, 2014 07:19AM

What? A Mormon prophet saying one thing and doing another. This can't be!

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 02:17PM

Woodruff had a vision in Southern Utah that polygamy would never not be a commandment. I don't have any references other than my polygamist brother in law had me read a pamphlet about it.

Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 02:48PM

Quite a bit, actually. I'd recommend using the Search function to get a sense of what's been written about them.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 03:07PM

The short lived "this day in church history" set of artickes posted on this site early this yesr was full of fun facts about both men. A search on this site should produce some interesting reading.

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 03:11PM

There's "dirt" on pretty much all the LDS prophets and apostles but their dirt is generally buried in the misc topics. For example, if you read buy a book exposing the truth about Mormonism you usually won't find a chapter or section just on one of these guys, but you will find stuff on them in the topics such as polygamy, blood atonement, racism, etc.

It would be great if an ex-Mormon produced a book or website that had a section or chapter for each of the LDS prophets. It would really make one realize how uninspired ALL the Mormon prophets really were.

Posted by: dinah ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 03:14PM

That's a REALLY good idea.

Posted by: nailamindi ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 06:39PM

Sort of like the ex-mormon version of the prophet series of lessons for P-hood and RS?

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 11:36AM

Read the Journal of Discourses. Yes, all 26 volumes.

There's enough dirt there to bury them all.

Posted by: Already Gone ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 01:43PM

yes lol

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 03:22PM

Wilford Woodruff said:

"If we were to do away with polygamy, it would only be one feather in the bird, one ordinance in the Church and kingdom. Do away with that, then we must do away with prophets and Apostles, with revelation and the gifts and graces of the Gospel, and finally give up our religion altogether and turn sectarians and do as the world does, then all would be right. We just can't do that, for God has commanded us to build up His kingdom and to bear our testimony to the nations of the earth, and we are going to do it, come life or come death. He has told us to do thus, and we shall obey Him in days to come as we have in days past"

(JOD 13:165 - p.166).

Mormon Leaders have a habit of BS.

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 03:26PM

the ultimate in anti-Mormon writings!

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 04:15PM

One ancestor was happily married on the Isle of Mann with 2 teenagers until Taylor showed up to preach. She kidnapped the kids and took them to Nauvoo to become one of his polygamous wives.

She was still married to the original husband. That never was a problem for Mormon prophets.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: December 25, 2014 07:59AM

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: December 25, 2014 08:20AM

Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: December 25, 2014 07:48PM

John Taylor's heinous role was lying to potential converts and the English and the French in Europe prior to the announcement of polygamy in 1852. In a series of three debates with protestant ministers in Boulogne-sur-Mer, France Taylor denied that the practice existed while at the time being married to fifteen women himself. Many converts never learned of polygamy until they arrived in Utah and were pressed into marriage with the leaders of the Mormon cult.

Taylor's words in France in 1850: "We are accused here of polygamy, and actions the most indelicate, obscene and disgusting, such than none but a corrupt and depraved heart could have conceived."

Taylor returned to England and echoed his denials. My ancestors would have been deceived as they had dealings, including a blessing from Heber C. Kimball, in Dorset, England. Woodruff was also in Dorset.

While John Taylor was president of the cult, in 1886, he claimed to be visited by Christ and Joseph Smith received a phony revelation that polygamy was not to be taken from the earth:

"Given to President John Taylor September 27, 1886
My son John, you have asked me concerning the New and Everlasting Covenant how far it is binding upon my people.
Thus saith the Lord: All commandments that I give must be obeyed by those calling themselves by my name unless they are revoked by me or by my authority, and how can I revoke an everlasting covenant, for I the Lord am everlasting and my everlasting covenants cannot be abrogated nor done away with, but they stand forever...

... Nevertheless, I the Lord do not change and my word and my covenants and my law do not, and as I have heretofore said by my servant Joseph: All those who would enter into my glory must and shall obey my law.... I have not revoked this law, nor will I, for it is everlasting, and those who will enter into my glory must obey the conditions thereof; even so, Amen."

Fundamentalist use the so-called "revelation" to justify incest and to continue to rape young girls.

Taylor was a sleazy scumbag along the lines of Smith and Young.

Woodruff was just as devious. He came up with 1890 Manifesto, not a revelation, but continued to take on a least one more wife in 1898. He condoned if not presided over polygamist weddings.

Heber C. Kimball complained because the young missionaries were marrying the pretty young converts and leaving the "ugly" ones for the old men in Utah.

Kimball: "Brethren, I want you to understand that it is not to be as it has been heretofore. The brother missionaries have been in the habit of picking out the prettiest women for themselves before they get here, and bringing on the ugly ones for us; hereafter you have to bring them all here before taking any of them, and let us all have a fair shake." - The Lion of the Lord, pg 129-30.

JOD:

"I say to those who are elected to go on missions, remember they are not your sheep: they belong to Him that sends you. Then do not make a choice of any of those sheep; do not make selections before they are brought home and put into the fold. You under stand that. Amen" -Heber C. Kimball, Journal of Discourses, vol. 6, p.256.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2014 11:27PM by No Mo.

Posted by: scmormon ( )
Date: December 26, 2014 06:00AM

https://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/content/english/pdf/language-materials/35969_eng.pdf?lang=eng

John Taylor

In the historical section of the book it details how in 1885 he found out that federal authorities were seeing him because of his polygamy practice and fled California to return to Utah. Soon after he went in hiding.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2014 06:01AM by scmormon.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.