Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 10:30AM

is this Thursday? Or will he only be mentioned in opening and closing prayers and of course the prayers for the Sacrament!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dennis Moore ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 10:35AM

In my case, who the hell knows. I won't be there!

Posted by: dinah ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 12:54PM

Last Christmas was my last Christmas sacrament meeting. Got to hear a lot about "The Great Hero Joseph Smith."
This year supposedly a woman will be the concluding speaker. Is that supposed to assuage all my other issues of discrimination?
It's akin to the hype over a woman praying in GC. Big deal. (Way) too little, (way) too late.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 01:40PM

The doors will be locked and the lights kept off on Wednesday evening and Thursday morning for Morg buildings. Meanwhile, Christian churches have their busiest days other than Easter on Wednesday and Thursday where the entire focus is on Christ's birth being remembered. Tomorrow is the last Sunday of Advent for those denominations who observe that period of waiting which is what Advent is.

The thing I remember about the Sunday before Christmas in the Mormon organization is that they barely mention Christ, and the birthday they really focus on is Joesph Smith's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2014 01:43PM by adoylelb.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.