Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Sandy Birch ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 12:11AM

I am a special and wonderful person! In having left, of my own choosing, an affiliation with a false cult, I am now free. I am free and I am whole. I know of God's promise to support, sustain and strengthen me on my spiritual path. He has led me this far, and He continues to lead me daily. In freeing me from my association with, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, He has closed the door to deceit, lies, falsehoods and Satan. He has set me on a new path where I am free to learn and to grow, and become the best that I can be!

He has opened the window to His light, an acceptance of the cross, and a new viewpoint from which to connect with the people in my life. Each day, and in every small way, I seek to honor Him. I seek ways to support and nurture myself first, and to re-affirm my commitment to all things true and worthy. I choose to be loving, kind and gentle with myself and others, as I establish a new and solid foundation in my life. A strong foundation on which to build my relationships, work and endeavors. I praise God for all He has done, and is doing for me daily. And with Him holding my hand, I live one day at a time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2014 01:10AM by Susan I/S.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mootman ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 12:20AM

Tell it, Sister peace out

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 12:32AM

I'm an exmo, but that sure as hell's not my creed. I found out the church was a fraud because of my own research-- not because of some imaginary being.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 12:38AM

if you make this MY ExMormon Creed. There is no such thing as THE ExMormon Creed.

Also, borderline preaching for your first two posts are not a good idea. How about you introduce yourself? As it is, it looks like drive by preaching.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2014 01:17AM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 12:57AM

That is as much nonsense as the Mormon drivel.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 01:58PM

If that's your "creed," fine. It's not mine.
I got out of the cult by deciding to embrace rational thought, standards of evidence, and honesty -- not by pretending the mormons just had the wrong magical man in the sky.

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 10:30PM

This whole creed still sounds much too "Mormon" for my blood.

Refers to god as "Him". Maybe it's "Her" or "Them" or even "It" for that matter, if there actually is a god.

"God's promise to support, sustain and strengthen me". I know of no such "promise". Where might this be found? Sounds very much like Old Testament Psalms.

"closed the door to deceit, lies, falsehoods and Satan". Do you still feel Satan is real. Sounds like it.

The final paragraph is fundamental Christianity and clearly alludes to a personal god. I only found true freedom when I realized there is no such thing as a personally involved god. God gave us a world - now it's up to us.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 10:45PM

You forgot the "S" in Screed.

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 11:41PM

heh

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 12:01AM

"creed" is derived from the Latin, "credere," "to believe."

One of the cool things about this board is that we have discovered - and proclaimed - our individuality. As individuals, we can - and DO - have our own creeds.

But the most wonderfully liberating thing about being exmos is that we no longer have to adhere to a single, toe-the-line, it's our way or the highway, kind of creed.

We don't NEED a group creed, thank you. We're done with that.

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 12:04AM

i'm so glad that you found your freedom.
Yes, as you see, people go many different ways after leaving the LDS church, but I think all treasure their freedom to find their own way forward.

Posted by: sheepherder ( )
Date: December 25, 2014 10:18AM

You my dear.....are a sheep that moved from one flock to the next.....

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: December 25, 2014 11:10AM

I don' need no stinkin' creed.

Love,

Rocky Oaks

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 25, 2014 11:18AM

Posted by: reconstituted ( )
Date: December 25, 2014 01:08PM

I have no faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, you can call me faithless... But I still cling to hope, and I believe in love... thats faith enough for me.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.