Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: December 19, 2014 11:20PM

Does anyone know how 2014 did on recovery? Did any conference rhetoric change? Was there any change in culture, doctrine, leadership??? Aren't the leaders basically "doubling-down" on Women not getting priesthood, LGBT will never be welcomed, etc...
http://www.newsweek.com/when-saints-go-marching-out-245158

It used to be only a few blog sites and exmormon.org but now there's blogs, videos, podcasts, social sites (facebook, twitter) all welcoming and providing information and answers for questioning members and exmormons.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2014 11:28PM by Susan I/S.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dinah ( )
Date: December 19, 2014 11:59PM

I don't know how the church fared overall. There seems to be not much to see here where I am. But I'm out, and I was a big loss (if I do say so myself)!

I'm deeply grateful for every website, every podcast, every exit story, and every historical reference available. At the hardest part of marching out, this site was the place that scooped me out of despair.

Thank you, all.

Posted by: jazzskeeter ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 01:23PM

"But I'm out, and I was a big loss (if I do say so myself)"

Ha ha ha! I often think that, too!

I'm musically talented, vibrant, reliable, payed tithing on my gross, accepted all my callings....I left over the anti-gay crap.

Their loss!

(Also: 3.5 of my four TBM-raised children are out!)

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 02:36PM

Lots of loss on their part. Good on ya.

I have to wonder, though, which half of your child left the church? Was it a top-bottom, diagnoal or side-to-side split? :P

Posted by: King Benjamin ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 12:15AM

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 02:23AM

No new temples were announced in April, either.

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 02:46PM

You're both correct.

No new temples announced in General Conference OCT 2014
No new temples announced in General Conference APR 2014 and
No new temples announced in General Conference OCT 2013

Posted by: exodus ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 02:33PM

It was this very article that gave me the courage to leave. I had just found out the truth about TSCC's history and knew deep down that it was false. I was weighing my next step.

I followed the link in the article to PostMormon.org and binged on exit stories, and to my relief, they sounded just like my story! They weren't evil, lazy, sinful, offended anti-Mormons but well-meaning people who found out the truth and had to leave. I was not alone. I eventually worked up the courage to come to this site... to a TBM, "postmormon" sounds less intimidating than "exmormon".

I got the ball rolling shortly thereafter. I still can't believe that I took that first step. But I knew that it had to be done. And here I am... it's been a tough journey, but well worth it. I feel so much relief to live my life honestly without having to rationalize very complicated inconsistencies.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.