Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: peaceinfreedom ( )
Date: December 19, 2014 06:57PM

Thanks to everyone here on this site, I had the courage to walk away from mormonism, someday I'll have to tell that novel on the exit stories, unfortunately it's still too painful, BUT today I realized I'm getting stronger and able to be more open about my own mission (it was the sole thing that pretty much destroyed me as a person, grounded down to nothing in 9 1/2 months), and now I'm wondering are there any missionaries who served in the Utah Salt Lake City South Mission who left the church as well? My mission president brainwashed the hell out of his missionaries, I still consider myself lucky to have seen the side of him I did so I avoided a heavy part of it, unfortunately I got emotionally/verbally abused on a daily basis due to not following his way of doing things. If there is a devil, Pres. Miller often took on his persona behind closed doors, there are not enough cuss words to describe his irrational, abrasive, and childish behavior. Anyways, I keep hoping some missionaries woke up to his indoctrination about pride, being perfect in obedience, and teaching his missionaries ultimately that it's more important to follow the rules than to love, it was crazy shit. So yeah, only my companions and maybe 8 total knew what I was going through with the mission president, the rest of the mission just talked about me or looked down on me, believing only what they heard from everyone else. Anyways... Love to hear from you guys.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: December 19, 2014 08:46PM

Good for you for having the courage to walk away.

Give yourself time to distance yourself from it.

Who knows if any of those missionaries will snap out of it. Just be glad you are you. Sorry they treated you badly.

Enjoy the journey!

Posted by: Gort ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 12:34AM

Could you enlighten me? Exactly where are the boundaries of the South Salt Lake Mission?

When I lived in SLC, the only missions were "away."

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 10:39PM

Petty soon TSCC will form "zip code" based missions and announce to the world that the NUMBER of missions is growing in leaps and bounds.

What a crock of s**t Mormonism really is!

Posted by: ohdeargoodness ( )
Date: December 20, 2014 11:01PM

Oh darling! Good to hear from you again! Please email me when you have the chance... I made my email visible. :)

Posted by: peaceinfreedom ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 06:40AM

How do you email people on here?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.