Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: May 11, 2016 02:33AM

This came from KUTV.com website. It's probably not on the Deseret News

http://kutv.com/news/local/psychologist-warns-about-top-10-mistakes-to-ruin-an-lds-mission

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: superdave ( )
Date: May 11, 2016 02:34AM

Or just don't go in the first place. :P

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 11, 2016 07:43PM

Posted by: xxxMMMooo ( )
Date: May 11, 2016 03:21AM

"Failing to follow priesthood leadership principles, which involves charity, patience, and long-suffering as opposed to forced manipulation."

Sounds like they're telling them to dial it back a bit, ease up on the hard sell.

Posted by: SoCal Apostate ( )
Date: May 11, 2016 03:42AM

Where's the F'ing comment button so that I can point out the contradictions between his advice and the training/leadership-directives under which the missionaries serve?

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: May 11, 2016 12:48PM

In other words, as always, if you're having trouble on your mission, it's you, you, you, you, YOU! It has nothing to do with THEM. Nothing to do with the fact that it's just plain shitty, you are being used, you are being abused, you are wasting time and money that should be spent on college or attaining life skills, and you are being trained to be obedient morgbots.

No, YOU are the one with the problem. YOU are the one failing to see the big picture. YOU are the one not sufficiently self-disciplined. And if you go home feeling like a failure, sorry, it just sucks and it's not their fault.

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: May 11, 2016 01:41PM

Ecclesiastical abuse?

Realization upon arriving in the mission field that this glorious mission you've prepared your whole friggin life for is just a door to door salesman job?

Intense psychological violence directed at you unless you submit to authority's dictates?

Surrendering your individuality for group-think?

Relinquishing any and all critical thought?

24/7/365/2 of constant mindf@*k ?

Its not the missionary that can ruin a mission its the sons of bitches who run the whole program who lie and obfuscate and use these poor young men & women (really, their just boys and girls) to maintain their control over their false empire.

Big fail, KUTV.

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: May 11, 2016 01:53PM

gary@garygtaylor.com.

Give him your questions or feed back, he asks for it in the article.

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: May 11, 2016 01:56PM

What is this with the parents completing the mission application, I don't recall very clearly but when I went in the 70s I completed the forms with my Bishop, but I was 19 going on twenty, and my parents did not complete forms and applications for me since I was in Elementary school.

Posted by: heat27 ( )
Date: May 11, 2016 06:50PM

#notacult

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.