Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: April 11, 2016 03:52PM

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/appeals-court-restores-utahs-polygamy-law-in-sister-wives-case/

Since Kody has not been charged with a crime, he can't appeal to have the law changed, seems to be the argument.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: April 11, 2016 04:18PM

Posted by: Loyalexmo ( )
Date: April 11, 2016 07:18PM

While I despise polygamy, it's stupid to make it illegal among consenting adults. It just means they all hide and the child molesters can't get caught.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: April 12, 2016 12:00AM

what bugs me about the browns is that they are trying to sell polygamy as a worthwhile relationship for society. I hope we all can agree that it is not! It works for the browns because they have their own tv show and make millions off of it. How many other polygamists can do that? none. The reality is that polygamists spend there lives "bleeding the beast"-- living off tax payers. Polygamy is a selfish institution.

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: April 12, 2016 01:18AM

Does anyone other than me think that now, with his beard and long hair Cody looks like Brigham YOung? Is he a descendant? Me thinks, despite my opposition to the whole polygamy thingey, that he is at least kinder than the BY I have read about, and does try. to be a good husband and father (not hard to do maybe??), despite it being a loosing battle. How on earth can one cock-of-the-walk man be a husband to all those women and a good father to all those kids?? Seriously???

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: April 12, 2016 07:30AM

he's nice just like the devil is nice, lol!
real pleasant to be around I guess? In polygamy the kids raise the other kids, that's the old trade secret.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: April 12, 2016 01:34AM

How does the judge get around Lawrence v. Texas?

Posted by: nonamekid ( )
Date: April 12, 2016 01:43AM

They got around it by ruling that since the Browns had never been charged or prosecuted under the law in question that they lacked standing to challenge it.

Posted by: icedtea ( )
Date: April 12, 2016 08:39AM

If they're not doing polygamy because of religious fear or mandate, everyone's over 18 and financially self-sufficient, and the kids live in a loving home where their needs are met, who cares how the Browns structure their personal relationships (and how is it our job to judge them)?

Posted by: Bert ( )
Date: April 12, 2016 03:14PM

I know. I know. The LD$ church does not endorse polygamy. This guy and his wives how ever are managing to out stupid that special kind of stupid you only see in Mormons. Really.

This asshole and I do mean that with the deepest sincerity I have. Is managing to bring more negative light to Utah. We just dont need it.

The rank and file Mirmons here already produce more than enough stupid to go around.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.