Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Oregonboy ( )
Date: February 18, 2016 05:30PM

I remember seeing this photo of a local resident carrying a huge chandelier that had been ransacked from an LDS temple. Anyone remember?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: op47 ( )
Date: February 18, 2016 06:21PM

I don't know, but this post came up 7th when I queried google with temple ransacked.

Posted by: rutabaga ( )
Date: February 18, 2016 06:28PM

It was in Africa. I forget where. The temple was shot up and looted.
It looks like the article was scrubbed from Google, but a search of this site should turn it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aba_Nigeria_Temple
I think it was this one.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2016 06:58PM by rutabaga.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: February 18, 2016 10:39PM

this thread reminds ziller of a story ~

brb ~

Three-Fisted Exmo Tales – “When MormonJesus Attacks” - Part V – “The Lamentation of Salt Lake City”

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,328861,328861#msg-328861

The blacked-out 1962 Cadillac Fleetwood Limousine rolling slowly down West North Temple was the only sign of life in a blacked-out and deserted downtown Salt Lake City.

Debris and whatever else the looters didn’t want littered the abandoned boulevard and crunched beneath the run-flat tires.

Tumbleweeds decorated with trash wandered aimlessly past as if they too were trying to evacuate the doomed city.

It was a moonless night. Only the eerie glow from the spaceships, hovering in the sky above, illuminated the limousine’s path toward Temple Square. The limousine pulled up to the corner of West North Temple and North Main and eased to a stop.

“This is where you get out,” SL Cabbie said. “Do you guys have everything you need?”

“Yeah, I have the bricks that we spray-painted gold,” said RaptorJesus.

“And I have the myrrh scented incense,” said GayLayAleJesus.

“And Ziller has a crucifix and Frankenstein,” said Ziller. “Ziller found it on DV and D. It’s the special limited edition director’s cut too.”

“Frankenstein?” said Tabula Rasa. “Dammit Ziller. You were supposed to get frankincense not Frankenstein.”

“OK. Cut the chatter,” said The Man in Black. “Let’s move out. We don’t have much time.”

The mission team piled out of the limo and assembled on the sidewalk.

“I will keep circling the Square,” SL Cabbie called out as he put the limousine in gear and pulled away from the curb. “Good luck and remember to keep your heads on a swivel.”

Tabula Rasa and Ziller adjusted and assembled their two-man camel suit, GayLayAleJesus donned his jeweled turban, RaptorJesus placed his paper crown on his head at a rakish tilt, and they all fell into a line following The Man in Black across the darkened square.

As they disappeared into the black shadow of the temple, the silent night was broken only by GayLayAleJesus’ melodic voice quietly singing, “We three queens of Orient are. Bearing gifts we traverse afar…”

…and giggling from the camel.

As the Exmo Team approached the darkened Temple, they found that its front doors had been conveniently left open by looters. Except for the cash registers, the rest of the Temple was relatively untouched. Thankfully, 19th century French Renaissance Revival style décor is not to most looter’s tastes.

“OK,” said The Man in Black. “You all know the plan. RaptorJesus, you and GayLayAleJesus put the gold, the Frankenstein video and the myrrh in the Holy of Holies. When MormonJesus comes to take the bait, Ziller will blind him with the crucifix and Tabula Rasa will put him in a wrestling hold. Got it?”

The team of Exmo operatives nodded unanimously and quickly went to work.

Then they waited.

And waited.

ziller

Coming soon, to a Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum near you:

Part VI – “The Passion of the MormonJesus”

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.