Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: KC ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 08:52PM

I have a close friend that went on vacation with another couple. They decided to share a hotel room to save some cash, and in the middle of the night they were awaken by the sound of the other couple having sex in the bed next to them.

How would you handle this situation?

BTW, both couples are mormon and in their early 30's.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 08:57PM

We went on vacation with another couple and shared a room. Sexy time was granted to each couple and we had set the rule that if the other couple had sex in the middle of the night we didn't care.

Posted by: openeyes ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 09:01PM

SH*T happens!

Posted by: Nanial ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 09:16PM

If they didn't talk before about it, than gross.

I have no interest in knowing about my friends sex life, let alone being in the same room with it.

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 06:20PM

Do you really expect to share a room with another couple and nobody ever have any sex?????

Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 09:43PM

this happened more time than I can count. If the the couple having sex were comfortable enough to do it, then I had no problem. I think it is weird that they shared a room a vacation.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 09:43PM

When in Rome, and all that.

But to me the gross part was sharing a room. I mean, come on, they're adults, not college students. Grownups get their own rooms.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2011 09:46PM by Stray Mutt.

Posted by: pkdfan2 ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 10:18PM

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 10:25PM

My oldest grandson spent last night over here. He got up at 10 pm because he was hungry. Since he's hyperactive and skinny as a rail we have an open fridge policy for him so I sent him upstairs for a biscuit and a glass of milk. My son and daughter in law were getting busy in their room. lol, he knocked on their door and asked if they were all right.

Oh, my son told him (through the door) that he and auntie were just wrestling.

I'm still giggling.

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 10:26PM

I'll bet they never forget that vacation.

Posted by: serena ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 10:30PM

I can't imagine doing that, unless you're camping and there's only one big tent, so there's no choice... I'm reaching.

I wouldn't share a room anyway, but to do the horizontal mambo with others in the room? Definitely not.

Posted by: piper ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 10:42PM

lol my husband's brother and his girlfriend stayed the night a week ago, and Mr. Piper felt weird about having sex behind a closed door in our bedroom down the hall!! He kept shushing me!

Posted by: Jake ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 11:04PM

One of my mission companions used to regularly get to know himself better after he thought I had gone to sleep. He would pant like a dog. I doubt the young couple could be worse than he was.

Posted by: possiblypagan ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 11:07PM

Said in sing-song-y voice: "We can hear you... and we don't WANT to..."

I would never share a room with another couple. If you can't afford your own room, you shouldn't be going on vacation. IF I ever did have to share, a "no sex while we're all here together" policy would be discussed.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 11:12PM

...except I was the one having sex.

Sometimes after drunken parties you just don't care who is around.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 11:02AM

Yeah, I've done it a couple times too. It's just sex. No big whoop.

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 09:39AM

it makes for a great and memorable vacation video - just be sure to hide it from the kids.

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 09:45AM

If I heard them, it wouldn't bother me. If they heard me, I wouldn't like that so much.

I guess I'm open-minded, but like my own privacy. Or, I like exhibitionists, but I'm not one.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 09:49AM

I'd turn the lights on and say:

"What the hell's wrong with you people!! You're doing that all wrong. Lemme show you how it's done."

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 10:04AM

Wait until they are done, then whistle and applaud loudly. Make comments like, "Wow, superman you ARE faster than a speeding bullet!" or "I'm going to score you with an 8.5. I have to deduct .5 for the sloppy dismount." For the rest of the vacation, he will be known as "tiny" and she will be "rabbit".

Date: March 24, 2011 10:14AM

Yes, even though it wouldn't bother me, there would be some ribbing for a while.

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 10:27AM

I would never pass up on an chance, like this, to tease and humiliate my friends!

Posted by: Anon ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 01:04PM

This has never bothered me. The first time was in Chicago with a friend for a convention and she had a friend over. They did it on her bed in front of me. He was a little shy about it after they finished and he quickly dressed and left. She rather enjoyed having me watch them make love.

Went to a party a few years later that turned out to be a bunch of swingers. Saw it happen several times and with different couples. Thought nothing of it.

Had two friends, a couple, and they had no problems with doing it in front of me. They started doing it one time and then surprised me big time. They invited me to join them and we had a threesome.

Date: March 24, 2011 01:33PM

I had boring friends by comparison!

Posted by: nocleverusername ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 05:19PM

Well, we are swingers, so that doesn't bother is, but I'm having a hard time picturing TBMs being ok with it. Also, what type of tame sex do you have to have to even attempt it on the downlow?

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 06:38PM

I have been in this sort of situation a few times with different results.

My experience has taught me that ground rules governing a number of situations should be discussed in advance.

Some outcomes of being woken up by the other couple having sex.

- We quietly ignored them, then the next day discussed some ground rules.

- My partner quietly got up and went to the bathroom to drain the lizard, without acknowledging the sex going on, but it stopped the sex. In this case no new ground rules needed to discussed because it was our last night. To be honest, the trip had left the two couples on less than cordial terms.

- harassed the hell out of them forever.

- Got horny, started having sex with my partner then all 4 of us got together. We continued to play together for the rest of the vacation and some occasional get together for a couple of years later.

The point I am making is that there is no one real right answer. Much depends on the nature of the relationship between everyone.

Posted by: Thithter Thim ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 07:02PM

It's one thing to be in that situation and know before hand that it's a possibility...and if it's a friend you're close with (either in that way or not lol)

but to wake up to it, the sounds and smells and whatnot...I think that's rude on their behalf. I'm quite the opened minded person when it comes to this topic, but they're adults, they could wait a night or two, or do their duty when they were alone in the room.

JMO.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 07:07PM

My only thought on this subject is, they couldn't go without for a couple of nights?! Geesh.

Posted by: emanon ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 07:16PM

I'd be jealous. I'd wanna say out loud, "Hey, what about me?! You better be doing me next!"

[As a believing mormon it would have been awkward. I would have felt they needed to get their own room, or have sex when we weren't in the room.]

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 07:33PM

Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 07:39PM

I would have ignored it...it wouldn't bother me at all. I once got a bj from my girlfriend while her best friend was spending the night in the same bed. Her friend woke up and smiled at me when she realized what was happening, then just rolled over. I was young and apparently rude at the time, with no respect for boundaries, so I wouldn't do such a thing now. But I don't care if my friends are sharing a hotel room and having sex...I'd be happy they are comfortable enough to do it around me without worrying about it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.