Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Exmo Aspie ( )
Date: December 11, 2015 12:40PM

Hello again everybody! So I would like to touch on how the church is always commanding members to not only give their money to the church, but years of their life to it. Specifically missionary work and other things like that.

Obviously we know Horny Joe borrowed a large portion of his religion from the original pimp, Muhammed. We all know that mormonism has a lot in common with Islam, both in history and policy. But when it comes down to it, the LDS Church can easily write it off that they don't kill people or destroy property(anymore). They say, "We don't do Jihad, so people are cool with it". They may not be beheading people and crashing planes into buildings, but my friends, Jihad is a large tenant of the mormon faith.

In our modern world Jihad has been twisted to only mean the violent spreading of the cult of islam. While most Jihadis are the sub-human animals that murder the innocent and commit infamous acts, Jihad can be non-violent. Jihad is actually "struggle in the way of God".

In the true meaning of Jihad "struggle in the way of God", a Jihad is any physical and mortal challenge undertaken in the name of Islam. Obviously this can mean crashing planes into buildings and gunning down women and children, but this can also be a pilgrimage, a fasting, building a mosque or a minaret, etc. Any physical challenge undertaken in the name of Islam.

In the cult of Islam, Jihad is one of the surest ways to get yourself to heaven. Consider it a get-out-of-jail-free card of the after-life. That's why the muslim savages that plague our world today are so hard to stop. That can't be persuaded, because in their minds they are halfway to paradise.

Outside of Islam, there are other faiths that practice/practiced the same thing. In the Holy Roman Catholic Church fighting in a crusade could get you to heaven. You could get tons of blessings if you made a pilgrimage to the cathedrals around Europe. Hindus believe that fasting will give you divine power.

Now how does this lead to the mormon church? Missionary work. In the Islamic world, many boys when they reach military age, and sometimes even younger, are expected to become the brave soldiers of Islam and embark on Jihad. Mormon boys upon reaching the age of 18 are expected to go on a mission, Hell, its a commandment.

These boys are expected to give up ten thousand dollars, college opportunities, family responsibilities and two full years of their lives to the mormon church. They are raised from childhood to be "the lord's missionaries" and travel around the world for two years and spread the Gospel.

How is this Jihad? Missions are definitely struggles. You get sent to some Godforsaken shithole, with poor quality food, healthcare, living spaces, and strict rules. You don't get to be a unique person, you are a missionary and nothing more.

Now what does an Islamic Jihadist and an LDS missionary have in common? most people wouldn't think of these two as sharing anything in common, but they do. Both are military-age males, with the occasional female, who had been raised from childhood to believe in a certain religion, and to replicate as many more members as possible. They are promised females. Jihadists are given wives, often times unwilling. Mormon young adults are taught to ONLY marry RM's. And both are promised a ticket to heaven.

Now what happens if say, a military age muslim, decides that he doesn't want to go on Jihad, and would rather become a shopkeeper, or a farmer, or something else. This young man will be killed. Hung in the streets, shot in public, beheaded in town square, brutality. And their families will become the runt of society.

Now we compare that to a young mormon man not wanting to serve a mission. They won't kill him, but he will become an untouchable. Almost a traitor to mormon society. And just like with the muslim's family, the mormon's family will become the runt of society.

I know that women get unfair treatment in the LDS Church, but men can have it just as hard.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mason ( )
Date: December 11, 2015 12:47PM

Just wanted to ask you do know that Islam itself doesn't actually teach to do what radical Muslim's do right? Jihad was defensive warfare when Muslim's were being persecuted and invaded. I am not Muslim not do I believe in the religion, but neither the Quaran nor Muhammad actually taught to do what modern jihad do.

Posted by: Exmo Aspie ( )
Date: December 11, 2015 12:49PM

I believe Muhammad called for Jihad when he was originally starting his empire, and that it was used throughout the middle ages. I haven't read the Koran, just heard quotes.

Posted by: Mason ( )
Date: December 11, 2015 12:54PM

I believe you are right about that but like I said it was defensive. As in they were already being attacked,so they were defending themselves. Can't remember if it was the same time period or not but during the first crusade Muslim's men women and children were being slaughtered for no good reason. Of course they would fight back. Islam followers and terrorists are not synonymous.

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: December 11, 2015 04:25PM

If you are curious, go online and read part or all of the Quran. I read/skimmed large parts of it because I wanted to know what was actually said there and how that compared to what was being called for by extremist members of that religion as well as what was being alleged by extremist members of the Christian religion as well.

It was like reading the Old Testament Bible. In fact, a lot of the wording seemed the same.

When you read about wahabiism (sp?) and the beginnings of ISIL/ISIS, you realize that much of it is a perversion of the tenets of Islam. Muslims that don't toe the ISIL line are to be debased and killed.

Lord save us from all fundamental religions!

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: December 11, 2015 06:35PM

I personally see many parallels with Islam and Mormonism after studying each of them. They both believe that ONLY their religion is true and can save you, and they place themselves in the category of being members of the one and only true religion on the face of the earth and the ONLY WAY YOU CAN BE THEIR EQUAL IS MY JOINING THEIR CULT.

Hey, what is scary about that??? Everything.

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: December 11, 2015 09:24PM

Two things, if I may:

First, Top Ten Ways Islamic Law Forbids Terrorism:

http://www.juancole.com/2015/11/ten-ways-islamic-forbids-terrorism.html

Second, a little experiment a couple of Dutch guys did on the street. They highlighted a few terrifying things from the Old Testament and then wrapped the book with a cover making it look like the Quran. Then they read it to people on the street and got their reactions:

http://youtu.be/zEnWw_lH4tQ

Many of us here have a problem with religion for obvious reasons. But in the social climate of today, it is essential we do not lapse into Islamophobia.

Human

Posted by: anon brit ( )
Date: December 12, 2015 03:35AM

There are two kinds of jihad.

The lesser jihad is defending Islam from attack, by force if necessary.

The greater jihad is your struggle for good to overcome evil within yourself.

I'm an atheist, don't believe any of it. But yeah, Islamaphobia encourages extremism.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.