Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhoremonger ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 11:39AM

Last week someone posted a link to an Ellen segment where she was reviewing "inappropriate" action figures. Among them were Mormon missionary sets, male and female. It was kind of a funny bit and I chuckled.

Well last night my wife was watching the same thing on her iPad across the room on the other couch. She was laughing and clucking her tounge - even at the missionary part. I couldn't see her screen and casually asked:

"Are they Mormon missionaries or Jehovah's Witnesses?

Ellen makes no reference to denomination but the white shirts and tags are a dead give away visually. There could be no question at all in my wife's mind that they are Mormon Action Figures. So does she tell me they are Mormons? What's going through her mind and she responds: " Uh, I'm not sure..."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: karin ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 06:45PM

My guess is that if she lets you know that she's laughing at the mormons (b/c it probably WAS funny) you will 'lose' more of your lost testimonkey. She is supposed to be looking for ways to get you back to church. Laughing at it is probably not the right way, in her book.

Unless this lying is normal fare for you, i'd say she was embarrased you 'caught' her in a 'not-very-good-mormon-missionary-moment.

Posted by: hausfrau ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 06:56PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gffhgRSvakQ

(around 2:20, is the missionary bit)

And yes, VERY obvious. ;)

Posted by: Rabbut ( )
Date: November 25, 2014 12:03AM

I watched that the other day, thought it was hilarious!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.