Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 08:48AM

Last week I posted my TBM BIL was in the hospital and had been healed my TBM family told me because of the power of the priesthood and magical olive oil.

Now he is back in the hospital with a heart attack. I really like this BIL and I want to know where is the magic olive oil to heal him once again? Do we have to rely on doctors and real Medicine?

Olive Oil is for cooking with not pouring it on the crown of your head so god will cure you. Even as a TBM I did not understand how olive oil was supposed to help cure you when a bottle of Scotch would help far more.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Duh ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 09:07AM

Obviously, your lack of faith caused the blessing to wear off.

Seriously, though, anyone with a heart attack deserves sympathy and "real" medical care.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 10:53AM

I have a TBM family member that gets blessings regularly. They heal this person miraculously but seem to have no staying power at all and so the process seems to be pour, bless, and repeat.

I suggested trying another brand of olive oil to see if that would help but the idea was only met with incredulous stares so I let it drop.

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 01:10PM

Posted by: iplayedjoe ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 01:10PM

@blueorchid

"I suggested trying another brand of olive oil to see if that would help but the idea was only met with incredulous stares so I let it drop".

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am so saving that line to use at my very first opportunity!

Posted by: iplayedjoe ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 01:12PM

Shame on you Ron! No one ever taught that the G's would protect from harm! You've been infected by the internet.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 01:05PM

So the magic oil and blessings and Voodoo Garmies didn't protect him...go figure. Hope he pulls through.

Ron Burr

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 01:11PM

Send or give him a nice card and note. That'll make him feel better, too. And knowing people love you also boosts the immune system and helps the body heal.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.