Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: waterevil12 ( )
Date: November 23, 2014 03:58PM

I understand that masturbation is wrong. I want to know why I am feeling the same feelings I feel at church after I masturbate? I believe the church is true, but why do I feel the Spirit after I masturbate.Is it Satan? How can I distinguish between Satan and God if I have the same feelings?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 02:08PM

Ahaha! That is so precious!
The feeling is called specifically "elevation". All humans can experience it, and it is triggered by a variety of stimulus. Your sports team winning, group accomplishment, bonding with friends or family, orgasm, beautiful scenery or music, and many other things. Religion has hijacked elevation and tells you it comes from God.
Where does any emotion come from? Yourself. Your brain is very clever and can make you feel anything in the spectrum of human experience. Other humans are also very clever and can manipulate your reality to make you think something outside yourself caused these feelings.
It may make you feel small and insignificant to know that all these grandiose feelings are only internal, coming from your own mind. But that is your first step towards becoming equal with the rest of humanity. We are all motes of dust. And we must find our own meaning. If you feel best following someone else's direction, better make sure you pick someone who isn't bent on manipulating you for their own gain.
*cough*TSCC*cough*

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 02:26PM

Try masturbating AT church for the ultimate high...

Posted by: roslyn ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 02:27PM

Damnit! I just spit my coffee all over my computer screen. HAHAHA!

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 02:29PM

That would be quite the "devotional!"

Date: December 01, 2014 02:52PM

The church is true and Joseph Smith is a prophet

The church is true

Everyone, just focus on the true church

Church is the only true church.

Date: December 01, 2014 02:56PM

Saying something over and over again does not make it true.

Date: December 01, 2014 02:53PM

www.mormon.org

Date: December 01, 2014 02:53PM

www.lds.org

Date: December 01, 2014 02:54PM

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 02:54PM

"The church is true and Joseph Smith is a meat puppet."

Date: December 01, 2014 02:55PM

I think you should believe that Hinkley did not lead us astray and would prefer that we worship Jesus Smith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 02:55PM by Devoted Exmo.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 02:59PM

Masturbation is true. Everyone knows it.

Date: December 01, 2014 02:59PM

Please delete this post

Date: December 01, 2014 03:15PM

Oh no no no no! This is not your cult where inconvenient history will be swept under the rug or redacted, no.
This post will live on in all its glory and when you brag about dueling with exmos on the evil internets, you can never back up your brag with a link, for this post will always be associated with your username.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 03:26PM

This is what I refer to as a consequence for your actions whenever the children I nanny misbehave.

You wrote it, you decided to "debate" with long term exmos who know more about church history than you, then you got caught in a peccadillo and spanked.

Be a man and deal with it.

Posted by: secularhumanguy ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 03:00PM

you do know what kind of people post here, you do know the purpose of this site, right?

Date: December 01, 2014 03:01PM

EXmormon.org

Posted by: ette ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 03:01PM

Go easy on the kid... lol

It's crazy to admit, but I've been there and done that. I always knew masturbation was evil since tscc taught me that.

As a very very horny teenager filled with hormones, I remember asking in sincere prayer if I could be allowed to masturbate just this once. I was filled with the "spirit" and my whole body got tingly. I knew "God" was making a special exception for me. I felt such peace and joy as I reached for the hand lotion. Blowing my load has never felt so good!

Afterwards, I felt like I was basking in light and love. Once I sobered up, I wondered if Satan had tricked me. Church says masturbation is wrong, but it feels so right! Cog dis to the extreme!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 03:02PM by ette.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 03:11PM

waterevil12 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is it Satan? How can I distinguish
> between Satan and God if I have the same feelings?

If you can feel your own hand afterwards it is from God. If you feel nothing when you try to feel your hand then it is a feeling from Satan.

Date: December 01, 2014 03:13PM

What if you feel something IN your own hand?

Date: December 01, 2014 03:57PM

If you put it there it is of God. If someone else did it is of Satan.

Date: December 01, 2014 03:18PM

LOL!! I think that's how Joseph Smith came to know the difference between good and evil forces too. But then after he tried it a few times, he became unsure again and decided he needed to involve the housemaids just to be sure if the good feelings after sex were good or evil, you know, to have an unbiased second opinion.

Date: December 01, 2014 03:11PM

I don't know if you're ready yet, but most of us had doubts for years before we finally saw the church for what it is.

I don't have any hard feelings for you. The fact you're here is a good thing. This post is valuable because I'm sure you and I are not the only ones who have ever felt this way.

Welcome to recovery.

Posted by: celloman ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 03:19PM

This issue is what led me out. The distress my "sins" caused me led me to really search for the truth and settle the issue in my mind.

Date: December 01, 2014 03:28PM

At least I am honest with my sins. The truth is that I have masturbated and I know it is wrong, but I felt good sometimes and horrible other times. I don't like to sin like that, but sometimes the temptation is too great and I was wondering why Satan would do that to me. Then I thought to myself the church could be wrong. I started feeling bad about it and I looked back the past 2 1/2 years or so and the church saved me from making bad choices. The church is what convinced me to hold on the iron rod and focus on my grades. People treat me at church differently than anywhere I have ever been in my entire life. I have a testimony of the church and I know what I was going through was a trial. When the missionaries taught me I thought they were cool. I have met many awesome missionaries and I want to be cool like them and be happy. I have looked at both sides and I know it was God who spoke to me. I know it is God who wants me to have a family and be happy. So yes I am going on my mission.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 03:29PM by waterevil12.

Date: December 01, 2014 03:40PM

You don't need the church in order to have a family and be happy. The way the church operates is that they tell you you're a flawed and sinful creature and you need the church to tell you how to stop being a flawed and sinful creature.

The trouble is, you're not a flawed and sinful creature. You're just a human being -- no better and no worse that the rest of the humans out there.

You don't need the church to tell you to be a good person and live a good life. You can do that on your own without the heavy guilt trips and paying 10% of your income.

You don't need to worship a con man who coerced women and children to go to bed with him in order to live a good life. You don't need to worship a modern day prophet who doesn't prophesy about anything in order to live a good life. Just do it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 03:43PM by Devoted Exmo.

Date: December 01, 2014 04:04PM

Yes indeed, holding onto that iron rod is something that should always feature strongly in your life. It is the best thing ever for prostate health, and delightsome besides the health benefits.

Don't be alarmed in old age though when the iron rod becomes more like a rod of unfired clay. Use your spiritual eyes to verify it is still made of iron, just as the witnesses to the plates never really saw them with theirearthly eyes. Spiritually I see a long, iron bound life ahead of you.
Hold to the rod, the i-i-iron rod, tis strong and red and full!
Come, Come, ye saints, no toil nor labor fear...
How firm a foundation...

I'd go on, but I probably lost him with the reference to underwear...

Posted by: confuzzled2clarity ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 03:33PM

Oh, you're awesome waterevil12! I hope you stick around as you're good at getting folks here riled up.

Date: December 01, 2014 03:41PM

I like the church. I like blessing the sacrememt. It brings me joy. I have been to the temple and I have felt the spirit. I have given my testimony on many fast sundays and I enjoyed all of it. I remember the first time I went preaching with the missionaries. It was right after my baptism. We taught this man a little about the restoration and we read some of the scriptures. I remember when I gave the book of mormon to a friend at school and the spirit was very strong. I know that the church can't be a con. Why else would I have those powerful feelings?

Date: December 01, 2014 03:45PM

You answered your own question when you realized that the way you feel after masturbating is the same intense feelings you feel about the "church." You'll feel those same feelings about your first true love and the birth of you children and many other moments in your life. The only meaning they have is that humans are capable of having intense emotions. That's it. That's all.

Date: December 01, 2014 03:50PM

This is a tough pill to swallow at first, but it makes so much sense. Isn't it arrogant of mormons to think they're the only ones who get these intense feelings?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )

waterevil12 Wrote:
> I like the church. I like blessing the sacrememt.
> It brings me joy. I have been to the temple and I
> have felt the spirit. I have given my testimony on
> many fast sundays and I enjoyed all of it. I
> remember the first time I went preaching with the
> missionaries. It was right after my baptism. We
> taught this man a little about the restoration and
> we read some of the scriptures. I remember when I
> gave the book of mormon to a friend at school and
> the spirit was very strong. I know that the church
> can't be a con. Why else would I have those
> powerful feelings?

The same reason you get such "powerful feelings" after masturbating -- your body producing "feel good" chemicals such as endorphins, and releasing them to course through your bloodstream. It's chemistry, not "spirit."
You can get them by watching an entirely fictional movie with a dramatic story that arouses your emotions with soaring music and a poignant story. You can get them after running (or during) a marathon. You can get them by getting an A on a test. And yes, you can get them by doing things that reinforce your irrational beliefs. The source is the same in all cases -- chemicals, not "spirit."

By the way, you should stop saying you "know" things that you only irrationally believe. Belief and knowledge are not the same thing -- and some of the things you claim to "know" are demonstrably false, clearly showing you haven't done anything to actually gain knowledge, you're working only on irrational beliefs. That's rather sad.

No, just keep masturbating to feel the Spirit. We all need to find the best way to feel him. I prefer wine and some sad movies. But maybe I'll try masturbating more, you've inspired me! Thank you!

Date: December 01, 2014 03:48PM

All your belief is going to do to you is cause unimaginable guilt. My suggestion it to either find some 'professional' help from the church, to help you overcome this 'addiction', or do what i did and what all the good people at exlds are telling you to do and conduct some serious study on the many faults of your religion and than promptly conclude that the church is filled with lies and continue on your way. From my personal experience, the second one is much more fulfilling and effective.

Posted by: Strength in the Loins ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 03:56PM

I don't know if you're real if you're a troll. I'm going to assume you're real.

You sound very much like the crazy mixed up kid that I was 25 years ago. It can be a very very had thing to realize and accept that the people who are closest to you can be lying to you. Of course most of them aren't doing it intentionally, they are simply repeating the lies that they were taught.

If I can convince you of nothing else, please believe me when I say that there is nothing wrong with masturbation. It is a completely normal part of adolescence and you will continue to do it as an adult - although probably not quite as frequently. Please do not waste another minute of your young life being weighed down by it. And for God's sake, DO NOT discuss it with your bishop. If he ever asks if you have a problem with it, answer "no". You wouldn't even have to lie because you really don't have a problem with it - you accept it as normal and healthy.

Anyone that tells you that they don't masturbate is straight up lying to you. Period.

Date: December 01, 2014 03:57PM

It is not an addiction. I have lived several months without anything sexual. It is because of temptation. I went to church and renewed my covenats and now I am on the straight and narrow path. I know the Mormon Church is true. I go through trials when I have doubts about the church. Heavenly Father is testing my faith so I can be rewarded in the Celestial Kingdom. I am going to go on my mission, go to college, get a job, and get married in the Mormon Church. My church was right about anti mormon organizations.

Date: December 01, 2014 04:00PM

The mormon church is a good fit for some people. People like you, for example. So go enjoy what you can from it. It still doesn't make it a "true" church, just because you assert that. It still doesn't make you "know" it's true either. You simply believe. Go ahead and knock yourself out with it.

Date: December 01, 2014 04:04PM

I do know it is true because I have seen miracles that most people in the entire world have never seen. I have seen the unkown.

Date: December 01, 2014 04:10PM

waterevil12 Wrote:
> I have seen the unkown.

Then it is not unknown anymore.

Date: December 01, 2014 04:16PM

You and every other naive spiritual fanatic from every denomination and every kookie religion around the globe. Now aren't you special!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 04:16PM by Devoted Exmo.

Date: December 01, 2014 04:01PM

Or, are "anti-mormon organizations" right about your church?

Date: December 01, 2014 04:01PM

waterevil12 Wrote:
> It is not an addiction. I have lived several
> months without anything sexual. It is because of
> temptation.

God said polygamy was good so for men sexual feelings for multiple women is good.

> Heavenly Father is testing my faith so I
> can be rewarded in the Celestial Kingdom. I am
> going to go on my mission, go to college, get a
> job, and get married in the Mormon Church.

But you can't be sexual except with your wife, so yeah HF is testing your faith sexually. Isn't that special?

Date: December 01, 2014 04:05PM

He wants his disciples to be chaste. Being chaste is a lifelong commitment.

Date: December 01, 2014 04:09PM

waterevil12 Wrote:
> He wants his disciples to be chaste. Being chaste
> is a lifelong commitment.

Was Joseph Smith one of his disciples? Was Joseph Smith chaste?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 04:18PM

waterevil12 Wrote:
> It is not an addiction. I have lived several
> months without anything sexual.

Then you're already a far better man than Joseph Smith ever was :)

Date: December 01, 2014 04:09PM

i really hope you don't live with those harmful beliefs for the rest of your life, there really is a minuscule chance of there being a creator and certainly there's no chance of a judeo-christain-mormon one. if you let these biases and strange rituals take over your life and livelihood it will not end well. if you haven't received your endowments yet i hope thats the one thing that scares you enough to get the hell out, or at least question your faith.
im only 15 and i've inquired more and delved deeper into mormon history than you probably ever will, unless you actually ask the hard questions and accept the hard truths.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 04:11PM by secularhumanguy.

Date: December 01, 2014 04:26PM

You think you know more than me even though I was baptized at 15 years old. I have been studying ex mormon and mormon material months before my baptism. I don't know everything, but I am not stupid.

Date: December 01, 2014 04:29PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 04:31PM by waterevil12.

Date: December 01, 2014 04:30PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 04:30PM by waterevil12.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 04:39PM

Gods months! How could any of us here think to compete with that?

Date: December 01, 2014 04:40PM

Posting here the way you do proves that statement dead wrong.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 04:11PM

Don't worry, young man. Masturbation is not as bad as obsessing over it and assigning supernatural powers to it.

There is a worse form of masturbation, and it jacks around with your head. It's religious guilt. Unscrupulous men will use it against you for their own gain.

Date: December 01, 2014 04:15PM

Both forms jack around with your head :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 04:18PM by hangar18.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 04:18PM

Has anyone thought that waterevil12 is just someone playing games and having all these posts are nothing but a joke and are making him laugh?

If he is a real TBM, future missionary, he wouldn't be able to take the beating everyone is giving him. He would be butting his head on the wall.

Date: December 01, 2014 04:24PM

i don't know, i've seen similar cases where tbm's just wont give up, using the same stereotypical, repetitive litanies that they've drilled into their own heads because of their 'good feelings'

Date: December 01, 2014 04:31PM

It is not just a "good feeling." I saw a flash of light from God.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 04:42PM

Seriously now. If you literally saw a flash of light, please tell your doctor this the next time you are in. Migraines and epilepsy both can give flash of light symptoms.

Date: December 01, 2014 05:05PM

Now this I remember!
I cannot find my reply to him however long ago it was, but I DO remember Mr. Flash-of-light-chruch-is-twooo.

You know what's a real sin?

When a boy believes masturbation is a sin, even when married, and so once he gets a wife he "has" to have sex in order not to commit the sin of masturbation.
Pressuring your wife for sex even when she is not in the mood in order to prevent the "sin" of masturbation is the REAL sin. Trust me, if you wind up with a lady whose sex drive isn't as high as yours, and you try to have sex more than she wants all because you have a church where your balls should be, you will be in for a divorce shortly. Or if she is a long suffering mormon woman, a depressed wife who takes all her resentment out on you and the kids in passive aggressive ways that are actually abuse, and takes a lot of prescription drugs to cope.

Being too young to foresee consequences like this is just one more way TSCC is getting its tentacles in your brain.

What you should be doing is masturbating as needed in private, cleaning up after yourself, and learning how to last longer. The furious pace of teens is not really what most women like. There are plenty of exceptions, but by and large women like a nice slow pace.
Masturbation is for mastering yourself. And it is not a sin itself, although there are ways it can be sinful. Taking over your waking hours, leaving messes everywhere and not cleaning up after yourself, not regarding your privacy nor others, taking other people's belongings for your own enjoyment, etc. Being inconsiderate is the sin.

Posted by: eunice ( )

Ask yourself: "Why did I have to come to an exlds site to express my concerns and doubts about the church and specifically, regarding this post on masturbation and how good it feels?"

Could it be because you cannot openly express any doubts to members of the church?

Could it be that speaking about things that are normal bodily functions in one's development are considered taboo by the mormon church?

Did you know that past church leaders taught that masturbation can lead to homosexuality?

The church wants to control every single aspect of the lives of the members...down to what underwear they wear, how they treat their own bodies, their sex lives, what they view and read online and in publications, and what type of relationships they have with family and friends...often destroying relationships with people who are not members or who have left the church. Does this sound like an organization that a loving Heavenly Father would endorse?

Date: December 01, 2014 04:40PM

A flash of light!!!! you HAVE to be able to do better than that.
'okay i'll deny centuries of scientific discovery, mellinia of recorded history and my own fading sense of self worth (and bank account) because i saw a flash of light'
what a joke

Date: December 01, 2014 04:50PM

i would guess that the flash of light was induced subconsciously or in a dream, maybe the missionaries were teaching you and you got an extra special feeling right before sunlight from the window caught your eye, that proves absolutely nothing, there was no miracle and you, sir, are in denial

Date: December 01, 2014 04:56PM

that is completely delusional and this conversation is not worth my time anymore

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 04:56PM by secularhumanguy.

Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 04:44PM

Now that you're going on a mission, Waterevil, it's vital that you stop masturbating. Stop it NOW! If you ever masturbate on your mission, God will inspire your MP to call you out for doing it. You will lose all contact with the spirit, people will not be baptized, and it will all be YOUR fault.

Understand that Jesus knows every time you masturbate, and that he is grieved and disappointed every time. Extra drops of blood were shed on the cross for YOUR masturbatory sins. You are also making your dead ancestors cry, for they can see you from the spirit world. Your spirit children are watching you from the pre-existence, and you are letting them down. Perhaps millions of people are hurt each time you masturbate.

When you are a missionary, you must follow EVERY rule exactly. God will deny blessings each time you fail or make a mistake, and someone may lose eternal blessings because of your sin.

This is your life now. Get used to it.

Posted by: Lock it Down ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 04:46PM

ok and how many personages did you see in that light? 1...2...3? ya know cuz even joseph spits himself couldn't recall the details exactly of his first vision. It took him 12 yrs or longer to get his story straight, (well it was after the 7th or 9th version but who's counting)?. are you sure it was a flash of light from gawd or just you running from the shadow you created trying to shine the light of your "know"ledge on others?? really, enquiring minds want to know. and by the way jergens lotion works best...just sayin

Date: December 01, 2014 04:52PM

I tried it, and I saw a flash of light, too! I saw several, in fact. Thank you again, you are making me want to go back to Mormonism. I'll wait for you after your mission...if you want me to.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 05:03PM

So let's recap....

You converted to mormonism at age 15 and are now 17. That's it.

And now at 17 you are so sure of yourself regarding the truth claims of the church, that we, many of whom have spent a lifetime in the church should be convinced that it is indeed true?

Good luck with that :)

At 17 years old, you haven't developed critical thinking skills.....you aren't even an adult. Once you grow up a bit, maybe attend college to improve your critical thinking.....and are not afraid of the real truth no matter what it is....you may feel differently about the church.

I did.....I knew it was true at 24 and went on a mission. When I got back I went to college and studied Engineering. Engineering relys on fact, provable and repeatable studies, critical thinking, etc. I couldn't keep my job if I determined truth via my feelings like mormons do about the church....I would be fired for incompetence.

Why do I have to maintain incompetence in order to continue to see the church as being true? If BYU can teach me to learn the truth as an engineer through study, research, trial and error, why should I toss all that away.....just to stay faithful to a corporation dressed up like a church?

It was scary to learn the truth behind the churchs claims, but truth is truth and I did what any honest truth seeking person should do....I left the church and had my name removed.

Life has never been better and its been about 30 years now since I resigned.

Good luck with knowing so much truth at all of 17 years old!!!

Date: December 01, 2014 05:07PM

He could easily have been ...months before he turned 15.

;)

Posted by: escapedfromzion ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 05:11PM

I easily figured out the real identity of Waterevil12 . I've read this guy's profile on Mormon.org. In his profile, he says he is striving to be like Jesus. I don't think he's having much success with that so far. He also says he converted because he saw a flash of light in a dark room after he prayed about the so-called restoration of the gospel and asked God for a sign. Either God miraculously signaled to him, or he experienced a very common biological phenomenon. There are dozens of medical articles on-line about seeing flashes of light when in total darkness. Here's just one of them:

http://www.flei.com/retinal-diseases/flashes-and-floaters/flashes-floaters-symptoms/

Sorry to spoil your miracle, dude. And keep your profile on Mormon.org. Hopefully, it will scare away potential members.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2014 05:19PM by escapedfromzion.

Date: December 01, 2014 05:19PM

Thank you. I knew this guy has been here before.

Posted by: rander70 ( )
Date: December 01, 2014 05:24PM

What are you looking for here, waterevil12? Why did you come to an ex-mormon board to ask questions about your "sin" and then profess your love for the church? I think you are using the church as a shield. You're embarassed by our responses and by you asking the question in the first place and now you're hiding behind the church. Just my analyzation. What exactly did you expect us to say? It's like you sought an answer and didnt get the aswer you wanted and now you're cowering back. What do you want?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.