Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anon for This One ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 07:15PM

He was BIC, was terribly distressed when I left, but became inactive (nearly a decade ago) because he didn't want religion to divide us.

Since then, we have gone to various churches, he has heard other points of view, he has been amazed to see that people are welcomed but not hounded, and that giving is voluntary. There is no guilt-tripping.

He was invited to join a lunch-bunch for retired guys. His first response was: but I'm not a member of this church!" Their response" "We know that. All we require is that you be a nice guy, and you qualify!" He LOVES getting together with these guys!

Our young, bright minister added his name to a list, published in the newspaper, of clergymen who supported gay marriages. DH and I both congratulated him on his courage in doing that.

(DH figured out a long time ago that it is not necessary to hate GLBT people, despite what TSCC says.)

What blew my mind the other day was when he happened to mention in casual conversation, "Since I've left the church, I've noticed that. . ." WHAT??? He hasn't resigned; I have never asked him to, because I never thought he would - and it's his decision anyway. But it is quite clear that in his view of himself, he is no longer a Mormon.

This is nothing short of a miracle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dinah ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 07:31PM

This made me so happy!
It gives me hope. Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.