Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gerald ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 04:37PM

All the local mormons shop at costco so by avoiding costco i dont have to see them while shopping

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wastedtime ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 04:46PM

Lots of all kinds of people shop at Costco and everywhere else. Lots of jackmos and exmos and nevermos work at Costco as well. Now if the TBMs would just follow their own rules and STOP shopping on Sunday! I enjoy my Sundays much more when I see no white shirts at Costco on a Sunday. Stay home and study your damn scriptures! And the ladies that are all dressed up for church...I guess they are O.K. Just leave the beer belly guys in white shirts at home, studying their scriptures.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 04:50PM

If you see Mormons in Costco, are they packaged in bulk?

Posted by: Bert ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 04:59PM

Don't go to Costco don't see Polygamists!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 05:13PM

Polygamists are Mormons packaged in bulk.

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 07:03PM

Hahaha.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 08:11PM

Well executed, haha!

Date: November 22, 2014 07:52PM

LOTS of polygamist women at the Saint George Utah Costco. Have never seen a polygamist man there. A few of the polygamist women are very attractive. That's saying something since they don't wear make-up. There's a lot of something else at the Saint George Costco. Old people.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 05:14PM

I shop at Costco. I even went today. I enjoy Costco.

Date: November 22, 2014 08:12PM

Based on detective skills we see often on this board as well as my ability to read your mind, it is clear you are a TBM. Troll!

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 09:52PM

snb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Based on detective skills we see often on this board as well as my ability to read your mind, it is clear you are a TBM. Troll!

Actually not. I'm a Jew. I've been posting here for years. That said, I still enjoy Costco.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 09:54PM

Date: November 22, 2014 10:52PM

Exactly. Sorry if it wasn't more obvious. Sometimes sarcasm doesn't transmit well. :)

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 05:14PM

I am going to go shopping at Costco is a few minutes. I hope to see a few Mormons so they can see there is life after the cult and it is dam good.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 05:21PM

The RSP used to work at the Costco I shop at. She would tag along with me while I picked out my case of wine, and a huge bottle of vodka. All the while trying to convince me I would love going to the next RS event. I think she moved away. I haven't seen her around lately.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 05:24PM

Costco is good and if their are Mormons there that is their business. I really don't mind seeing Mormons there. The only ones I know are old friends from back in the day.

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 05:34PM

That's a rather unqualified blanket statement donchya think? There are Costcos outside of Mordor, in case you hadn't heard, and we have no idea if the other shoppers are mormon or not.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 06:55PM

I agree, one thing I do notice outside the Morridor is that Sundays are the worst days to shop at Costco since everyone else is there. Also, unless you see garments peeking out of shorts, it's hard to tell which shoppers are Mormon.

Posted by: ferdchet ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 05:38PM

Gerald, that's a really juvenile statement. I agree with VKP.

Posted by: desertwoman ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 05:47PM

Where I live there are several Costco stores, as well as Sam's Clubs. I make sure I don't shop at the Sam's Club where my old ward is situated. I see Mormons at the Costco and Sam's Club where I shop (their underwear is observable beneath their clothing) but they don't know me. That's all that matters.

I did see a polygamous family at Sam's Club once. Their manner of dress was quite evident.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 06:06PM

Costco is one of the better employers in the US. Good wages, benefits & won't open on Thanksgiving.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 06:56PM

These are why I have a Costco membership, they actually care about their employees, and they're closed on Thanksgiving.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 06:10PM

In Lethbridge, the Costco parking has a lot of farmer's and businessman's trucks, mini-vans and SUV's.....kind of a different clientele than frequent the Walmart next door. I haven't been inside our store for a couple years...don't need 5 gallons of TIDE or a bushel of cereal anymore.

Ron Burr

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2014 10:56PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Posted by: ExMoBandB ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 06:13PM

I go the extra mile and shop outside of our Mormon neighborhood stores. It's worth it to not have Mormon former friends look through me, as though I'm invisible. I would remember bringing them dinners, having their children come over to my house to play with my children, listening in sympathy to their sad stories. These Mormon-sightings made me angry that 1) I wasted so much time on fake friends and 2) I had no idea how rude and nasty they could be. Glad I'm no longer one of them, glad they're gone, but shunning still hurts my feelings.

It is so worth it to drive to another store, and not have a dark cloud pass over my day.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 06:15PM

Every time we go, we run into our exmo friends. And we also run into our cool Mormon friends on Sunday ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2014 06:16PM by imaworkinonit.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 06:34PM

Wow, that is giving them power they do not deserve.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 07:09PM

Living in Cache County, we have to drive down there. We usually go on Sunday as the store is much less crowded. Today was CRAZY. I didn't notice that many people who looked like "typical Mormons." I usually don't notice.

As others have said, in other places, Sunday is crazy at Costco. When I lived in Colorado, both weekend days were crazy.

Posted by: Dinah ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 07:16PM

This thread cracks me up. I agree that Costco is to be avoided! Sunday shopping is sweet.

Posted by: shakinthedust ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 07:30PM

So glad to hear Mormons are supporting employers such as Costco who have nondiscrimination policies protecting gays, and who for years have been providing health care benefits to spouses of gays.

Costco pays its employees a living wage and is a good employer. Not very Republican or Mormon-like. Just sayin'.

Date: November 22, 2014 08:05PM

One of the few good ones. They say even Costco is behind where wages would be if they had kept up with inflation. The other employers make Costco look even better because the others are so horrible.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 08:09PM

My mom wishes there was one, it would be better than wallys and sams.

Posted by: Fakempire ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 10:49PM

I've seen polygamists at the Costco in Murray the past two times I've gone there. Each time there have been 2-3 women, and a man was with them too...husband maybe? They were buying a $hitload of stuff each time of course. I'm used to seeing polygs at Costco in St. George, but not in Murray so it was pretty interesting.

Costco is okay, but I don't have much patience for it anymore...too damn crowded all the time.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.