Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 03:56PM

My TBM daughter, from Salt Lake city, posted a picture this morning of her son, who's 5 1/2, pushing a vacuum across the carpet.

Her caption "He was so excited to help clean the church today, he woke up at 5AM."

I guess I should be happy that she's raising a good boy who likes to help, but she's an almost divorced (another story) who teaches school, raising him and her daughter, who is 2 1/2. She is living with her mom and I'm sure she has lots of support there (and I help monetarily when I can) but doesn't it seem like she ought to have Saturday off from work and church duties?

I'm sure she doesn't have that same question.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ExMoBandB ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 04:43PM

That little boy will be madder than a hornet, when he finds out he's been duped. One thing I never liked as a child, was that Mormons said things were fun, that in reality were not fun at all. No one, at any age, likes to be manipulated. (I suspect you got only half the story--the other half being a visit to the toy store and McDonald's.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.