Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 02:39PM

Its complete BS that LDS living would make this article:
http://www.ldsliving.com/story/63954-when-a-missionary-returns-early

And now all the mormons on my Facebook page are going on about how important it is to not to treat Early return RMs poorly and to not judge and etc...

Yet when I was in the MTC I suffered through an hour long diatribe of mr. Dodo Bird Holland himself who literally screamed at us to never even DARE to think to come home early. He yelled, "YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO LET DOWN THE MEMBERS WHO ARE SUPPORTING YOU, THE KIDS WHO LOOK UP TO YOU, AND THE LORD HIMSELF"

Why isn't ldsliving being called out for apostasy?

They dont talk about how all the mormons continue to pressure the shit out of missionaries making their lives a veritable hell a large amount of the time.

As a missionary I couldnt even go to the local library for one damn hour just to relax without someone coming up to me and scolding me for being "lazy"

They dont talk about all that crap.

Typical mormons speaking out of both sides of their mouths.

"Please dont judge the lazy, feeble, weak, let down of missionaries who come home early, they are too miserable to handle it"

I know this article is trying to help. But when the apostles are saying one thing and a trash site is saying another, who do they think the sheep are going to listen to?

I was an early return RM. People were generaly "nice" to me... but having just got done with a mission my BS radar was through the roof. I'm not stupid. I know exactly what they were all thinking.

My own family would simply tell people I was "sick". I wasn;t sick, I would tell them, I just didnt want to be there anymore.

Somehow that's different to mormons. You can treat the apostates like shit, apparently that is okay...

grrrrr, rant over.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.