Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 02:16PM

And the people inside the large and spacious building were mocking and make fun of the exmos outside of the large spacious building who were holding on to the iron rod.

Have you ever noticed how TSCC builds large and spacious buildings and how they mock those who do not come in side?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2014 08:14PM by themaster.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 02:23PM

It seems that the CULT uses the term IRON ROD a lot.
JS had a bunch of women to make people think he was macho and virile. I imagine that he went from one women to the next to the next so often was because he was such a terrible lover that he had to hope his performance would improve with the next woman and so on. But it never did.
It is a bit like guys with big jacked up trucks now. I always feel so sorry for them (having to try to prove that they have a penis by using a large vehicle instead.) Too bad. So Sad!

I think the term IRON ROD was JS doing some serious WISHFUL THINKING...FANTASIZING.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 03:40PM

verilyverily Wrote, in part:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is a bit like guys with big jacked up trucks
> now. I always feel so sorry for them (having to
> try to prove that they have a penis by using a
> large vehicle instead.) Too bad. So Sad!
>
> I think the term IRON ROD was JS doing some
> serious WISHFUL THINKING...FANTASIZING.
=======================================
Mom says it's like them guys who hate small dogs like me.
Saying dumb $Ħ!† like callin us rats or we ain't "REAL dogs"
and only BIG dogs are REAL dogs- she says it's
because they're afraid someone'll think they got a small dog
so they got a small whatchamawhosit.
It did make a handy device for screening out idjits back
in her dating days, though. Any guy that put down her small
dog went to the Not-In-A-Zillion-Years List.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 07:21PM

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 02:27PM

hahaha, nice one.

Next time I hear a mormon mocking people who are different, I might let them in on that imagery.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 03:19PM

The Pharisees are those who currently own and operate the temples.

Those whose hearts are broken walk away from the spacious buildings. And the Pharisees call after the disaffected with accusations and recriminations. The slings and arrows of judgment and scorn fall upon the backs of the departing dissidents. We are the hated sons of hated men.

Our eyes are hollow from seeing the nothings they've shown us. Our backs are stooped with the burden of their spite. We wander out into a greater world in search of something, anything. We are not believers, but we doubt that we will find anything worse than what they worship.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2014 04:27PM by donbagley.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 04:17PM

Yes, indeed, the religion that sorts people out by their value in a life before this earth and offers them a glorious reward of unlimited virgins in the next life...

While milking them like cows in the present.

Kathleen Waters

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 04:38PM

My husband and I just happened to be in Utah right after the conference center was finished, so we decided to go take a tour.

We got up to roof garden with a group of about 50 mormons. My husband asked the guide if this was the building in the great and spacious building vision, because he could picture a lot of mormons up there taunting the non mormons down below. I thought it was funny. Everyone else just gave him a dirty look.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 07:22PM

Posted by: greensmythe ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 08:52PM

I remember the church telling the public that the roof garden would be an open, public, park. I guess after the first stray condom was found they nixed that idea. So I was visiting SLC with a nevermo friend and we wanted to see the roof garden. They told us we had to take the "tour" to see it. An hour and twenty Arnold Freiburg paintings later, the sister missionaries informed us the roof was closed due to excess snow accumulation... wTF couldn't they have just said that from the beginning! Lying for The Lord...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2014 08:53PM by greensmythe.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: November 23, 2014 02:00AM

Is it mocking or ENVY you hear from coming inside? Just asking. Boner.

Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: November 23, 2014 02:09AM

When the BofM was written, the Smith family was poor and had a lot of resentment against the "learned" and "wealthy". You notice that rhetoric died down considerably when Joe got himself a little cash, a hotel, a few homes, wives, etc.

Which is not to say Joseph Smith wrote the B of M, because it was translated by the gift and power of Hat.

Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: November 23, 2014 09:21AM

The large and spacious building was floating in the air. It had no foundation, just like beliefs in TSCC. Everything that is built on the foundation fits together, but once you realize the foundation is missing the whole thing comes crashing down, and great is the fall thereof.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: November 23, 2014 10:51AM

The building, including its hall of prophets paintings in the back, reeks of a totalitarian government's headquarters. To me, it's worse than the BofM 'large and spacious building' (worldly) comparison.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.