Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 09:08PM

Because it was Joseph's Myth who did it.
Just like the Fundies are cool with it, because it was Warren Jeffs who did it.
Joseph's Myth is no better than Warren Jeffs, who's rotting in prison for the rest of his life on multiple child rape convictions and these immoral people are singing his praises?
They enable the sexual abuse by protecting the predators and blaming the victims, shunning them, just like they do to us when we turn our backs on the "Truth" TM.
I have to wonder about Mormons who act like they've known about Joseph's Myth and his extracurricular activities for a long time. So what's new?
Dafuq?
Seriously?
You're cool with wife swapping why?
You're cool with child rape why?
Honestly I don't care why, if you're cool with that,
Stay away from my wife and kids!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ExMoBandB ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 10:16PM

I'll second that! Stay away from my family!

I can testify, by my own experiences, that the Mormon church denies, condones, and even enables abuse!

The priesthood leaders who broke into our (unlocked) house, went into my sons' bedrooms, dragged them out of bed and onto the floor, kicked them on the floor, shoved them to the closet and forced them to get dressed, then literally kicked them in the butt up the stairs and into a car, took them to church, and forced them to stay in those meetings for two hours--these men were rewarded! There were several invasions, and I didn't know they were happening, because I was not at home. I was already at church, playing the organ and rehearsing. My sons, sleepy from their paper routes, simply went back to bed, and they were punished worse than criminals. The worst man was promoted to Stake President, then Mission President. Another leader, who beat his own sons, was made Bishop. Another was bishop after the previous man, then Mission President, then made a Seventies General Authority.

My ex-husband beat me many times, strangled me, and almost killed me, but I was never granted a temple divorce. He had no problem marrying two other wives, and he beat both of them. Last I heard, he was "a member in good standing."

My abusive older brother bore his testimony every month, without fail. He tortured me, when I was a little girl, and was never punished for it. My parents accused me of lying. When my brother died, he had two lawsuits of sexual harassment and pedophilia against him. The church gave him access to these women/girls in their homes, where the abuse took place.

As a single TBM woman, I had a bishop and also a member of the Stake Presidency hit on me. The Stake counsellor was later found in bed with our neighbor's married daughter. That bishop's son tried to molest my daughter, but she screamed and fought him off.

Nasty, nasty people. These are wealthy people, by the way. Doctors, Lawyers, a successful business man. A suit and tie and a smile doesn't give a man respectability.

In private, it is unspoken, but I think the Mormon cult is evil. I came to this conclusion long before I learned about the many lies. Child abuse is evil, and the church always rewarded the perpetrators and blamed the victims.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 10:29PM

You're not alone. I've known other mormon women who have been through hell with mormon leaders.

Some of them left. Some of them stayed thinking theirs was a rare event. They were/are wrong. I think it's a huge problem in almost every ward. I've lived in a LOT(about10) of different wards. There seems to be a story of sexual assault or more in every single ward i've been in.

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 11:23PM

This is why I tell my daughters to stay away from men. Every one is abusive.

Seems that despite the endless evil perpetrated by men, women still want to get hooked up with them. Not necessary any more with sperm banks and what not. Many more women converts than men in the church.

Posted by: ExMoBandB ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 12:46AM

Well, that's extreme. It takes only one, or two, or three, or four men to cause physical harm and PTSD.

Still--
It would help if Mormon girls weren't brainwashed into thinking that Mormon men have authority from God, through the Priesthood!

Mormon girls are taught it is OK for a private, closed-door interview with a grown man, on the subject of sex. I had never even heard of the sexual acts described to me.

Mormon girls are taught to "honor the priesthood." and be subservient to men.

Mormon girls are taught to marry a returned missionary in the temple, and that is what is most important. For my parents, any returned missionary would do, especially one from a GA family. It wasn't important to know him for any length of time, or to investigate his past a little bit.

As a Mormon girl, I was led to believe that ALL BIC Mormons are good, morally superior, better than everyone else. (The converts, maybe not so much.)

Children should not be taught to trust all authority figures. This opens the door to pedophiles claiming to be stand-ins for parents, uniformed officers, good friends with candy. Children should be encouraged to question, to ask for credentials, etc. Mormon kids obey authority blindly. That's what set me up to be a victim.

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 01:17PM

"This is why I tell my daughters to stay away from men. Every one is abusive."

Good heavens, what an extreme statement. Are you perchance a man, "Free man"?

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 10:38PM

Anyone who remains a member after seriously considering the polygamy and polyandry of JS is either delusional or evil. No other conclusion can be made.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 10:51PM

We are calling them out. Yes or no, were Joseph Smith's actions concerning women honorable? If not, how can one assume that his actions concerning religion were honorable?

Now it's their turn to answer for themselves, not ours. In the face of an outrage, silence is as good as complicity.

Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 11:10PM

Things TBMs are NEVER cool with:

Sleeveless shirts and short shorts

Someone who doesn't ever show up to clean the church

Marriages outside of the temple

Anything less than a full tithe

A cup of coffee

A boy who forgoes a mission or who doesn't want to be an Eagle Scout

Dating before 16

A woman who wants the priesthood

But, marrying off children, marrying another man's wife, child rape? Yeah sure, they're cool with that. Who are they to judge? They'll understand it all in the next life.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 11:25PM

I wonder about the morals of certain RfM'ers who are cool with roman cathoholic child rape.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 12:23AM

ExMoBandB - if these assholes took my child out of their bedrooms. I would be in prison now for murder. I would have removed their ugly heads from their ugly shoulders with glee.
You have more patience than I do.
YOu are right about the CULT. It is PURE EVIL. SATAN runs the temple, always has always will.

It is beyond me why anyone would want a TR. I'd rather have an STD. Thanks anyway.

I am against child rape by ANYONE or ANY RELIGION or NO RELIGION.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2014 12:26AM by verilyverily.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.