Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: November 20, 2014 09:35PM

and then attempted to re-connect with them after you left the Church?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anonthistimeforobviousreason ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 01:28AM

Need to be super vauge on the details, but I was disowned by my father for 15+ years ago when we were both tbms. My father stopped attending 2 years ago (8 years for me). A year ago he reached out to me out of the blue. Initially the relationship was cautious because neither one of us knew where the other stood belief wise. After a few months we had an opportunity to discuss our beliefs and our relationship from that point has been better than it was when we were tbm. I think both of us realized we did stupid shit because of our previous mormon beliefs.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 01:35AM

My husband's kids disowned him. They are TBMs and I think that was a factor, though I also think they would have disowned him anyway.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 11:41AM

knotheadusc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My husband's kids disowned him. They are TBMs and I think that was a factor, though I also think> they would have disowned him anyway.

How are you two doing, by the way?

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 12:14PM

We're doing fine! In fact, we'll be doing even better after next week. Thanksgiving will be over and we will be free to plan our next big adventure here in Europe.

Posted by: Feijoada ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 01:33PM

No, but I might now, given that they want to be ignorant TBMs.

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 05:46PM

No, I didn't.

Posted by: roslyn ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 06:03PM

Nope, except for my oldest child all my children are still in the home. So they except for the oldest left with us. The oldest left the church after he left home, so we all sort of left at the same time. One of my sons did tell me that he had planned on leaving anyhow but I know I wouldn't have disowned him. Even when I was TBM I was never one to hold someone's religion or lack of religion against them. I have plenty of friends who left the church that I continued my friendships with them.

Posted by: thorn ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 06:10PM

No, four left before I did but I respected their decision even though I was disappointed. Now we are all out except DW and she's lukewarm as to the Church hopefully one day we will have a clean sweep. So that's me 7 kids and 12 grand kids out.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.