Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: November 18, 2014 08:58PM

Reading all these missionary blogs and letters makes me wonder what adult TBM's REALLY think. I stopped believing on my mission and resigned shortly after so I was never in their shoes before.

Missionaries are so preachy and clueless and love to get on their high-horse, even with members. The reason they are this way is because most are very young and never had to live a normal adult life. Plus they are stuck on a mission where they have nothing to do BUT missionary work. They have no job. No kids. No REAL LIFE issues to deal with and the only thing they are allowed to do is proseletyze.

A couple of months off the mission and 99% of them come back down to reality and lose the "I'm gonna save the world and do everything in my power to convert the heathens and make all the slacker members live like our Lord and Savior Tommy Monson."

Members have got to be rolling their eyes at some of the things these preachy and clueless 19 year olds say, right?!

For some of you who were active RM's, what did you think of the missionaries (that you didn't dare say out loud)?

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.