Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: November 18, 2014 07:59PM

“Joseph Smith finally demanded the wives of all the twelve Apostles were at home then in Nauvoo.... Vilate Kimball, the first wife of Heber C. Kimball... loved her husband, and he... loved her, hence a reluctance to comply with the Lord’s demand that Vilate should be consecrated... They thought the command of the Lord must be obeyed in some way, and a ‘proxy’ way suggested itself to their minds. They had a young daughter only getting out of girlhood; and the father apologizing to the prophet for his wife’s reluctance to comply with his desires, stating, however, that the act must be right or it would not be counseled... asked Joe if his daughter wouldn’t do as well as his wife. Joe replied that she would do just as well, and the Lord would accept her instead. The half-ripe bud of womanhood was delivered over to the Prophet.”
- Mormon Portraits, by Dr. W. Wyl, pp. 70-72, also in The Life of Heber C. Kimball, p. 339

###

Anybody want to add anything to that obvious Prophetic Proclivity to Pedophilia in the form of "half-ripe buds of womanhood"???

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sd ( )
Date: November 20, 2014 06:40PM

decide who to hate more in this circumstance, Smith or Kimball. I'm gonna go with Kimball.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: November 20, 2014 06:44PM

He was her FATHER. He didn't want Nasty Perv Joe touching HIS wife so he pushed his daughter at him.

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 05:11AM

That makes me sick.

Really really sick....

poor girl.

oh my god....

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 20, 2014 06:47PM

Should be "consecrated"?

So THAT'S what the kids are calling it nowadays....

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 12:13AM

wives than one. Yep, he sure loved Vilate. He broke her heart. Isn't it him who said something about taking another wife was like buying a new cow?

Posted by: bigbadger ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 12:27AM

I've never read this quote before - it's shockingly gross.

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 12:32AM

Can you imagine how much different Mormon history would have been if Joseph Smith had caught and widely spread syphilis?

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 12:59AM

Heber Kimball should have been shot in the face at point blank range for this...
handing your daughter over to a pedophile should carry a death sentence IMO. His wife should have taken the daughter by the hand, shot her fucker of a hubby in the face and left town on fast horses.
That is enough right there to KNOW (YES KNOW!) that the CULT is SATANIC! CULT CULT CULT CULT CULT CULT!!

My testimony:
I KNOW beyond a shadow of any doubt that the CULT is SATANIC and that it is the ANTI-CHRIST and always will be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2014 01:02AM by verilyverily.

Date: November 21, 2014 05:12AM

word

Posted by: iplayedjoe ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 11:20PM

or as LDS.org would say....just months shy of 15!

http://www.wivesofjosephsmith.org/26-HelenMarKimball.htm

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 01:26AM

Anyone who can excuse that behavior should be watched. And that goes for anyone who calls it a mistake. A mistake is leaving a single sock in a dryer. Wife and daughter swapping is a deliberate act.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 03:08AM

How brainwashed would you have to be to allow your child to be raped by a pervert of God?

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 04:05AM

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 04:27AM

What did Heber C ever deliver unto mankind aside from women done unkind?

Oh yeah.

Heber's legacy led directly to Spencer W's knee jerk renunciation of all human sexuality.

Now I remember.

Posted by: Asteve ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 08:56AM

Spence'a self loathing homosexuality was more responsible. Imnsho

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 05:28AM

It makes you wonder what they were all thinking to suppose that Joseph Smith could receive a "command of the Lord."

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 09:11AM

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 09:14AM

What's wrong with that?
If you read Bible Lot offers his daughters to strangers.....

Joseph knew his game well....

Posted by: roslyn ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 09:17AM

The next time someone tells me that Joseph Smith was ordained of God I'm going to pull out this quote and ask them about it. If they can defend it I will tell them to get the f^%k out of my life because this is sick. There is no way in hell Joseph Smith and his close followers were doing Gods work. I am just disgusted.

We have a 14 year old daughter, if a man, even a supposed man of God asked for her in marriage my husband would justifiably beat the crap out of them. That poor child, that poor woman.

The more I learn the more disgusted I am.

Date: November 21, 2014 09:20AM

Exactly.

The more I think about this, the more I freak out.

If push came to shove and somebody absolutely HAD to fuck that man, then I would give myself to spare my daughters!

What kind of a mother, or father would allow this!??

What horrible, horrible people..

god that makes me want to cry..

Date: November 21, 2014 09:23AM

I actually have been crying a lot lately. I tend to be a very empathetic person and what I've read lately is just breaking my heart. My husband says I need to stop but I need to read this, I need the ammunition, I need the proof at my fingertips. I guess it's my therapy so that perhaps some day I can lead those I love out.

Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 10:08AM

This is sick in so many levels.

And I don't believe that Dr. W. Wyl. Her account seems like a mormon whitewashed story. I tend to think that it was more like Joseph manipulating Kimball, the wife and daughter to make it sound like a divine request. Didn't he offer them their salvation in return?

Poor girl.

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 10:10AM

Answer: It's anti-Mormon!

Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 10:16AM

Hallmarks of a cult leader: money, sex, power - JS ticks every single box....and then some.

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 09:09PM

"Joe replied that she would do just as well, and the Lord would accept her instead."

Oh well ain't that just grand of you Joe...you'll accept her as your pathological pedophilic offering you worthless piece of...!!!

Oh and by the way i do believe that Heber used the wrong word in the quote above..he said "consecrated"...what i believe he really meant to say was "desecrated"!

Or so it seems to me...

Posted by: NeverMo in CA ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 11:05PM

Just curious: Does anyone know how old Kimball's daughter was at the time her dad pimped her?

Date: November 21, 2014 11:13PM

According to this page she was 14. TOtally f%^King disgusting. I have a 14 year old daughter, if my husband didn't kill the man first I would certainly do the job myself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Joseph_Smith's_wives

Posted by: NeverMo in CA ( )
Date: November 21, 2014 11:33PM

roslyn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> According to this page she was 14. TOtally f%^King
> disgusting. I have a 14 year old daughter, if my
> husband didn't kill the man first I would
> certainly do the job myself.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Joseph_Smith'
> s_wives

Actually, re-reading the quote in the OP, it sounds like Mrs. Kimball was in on the pimping too: "They thought the command of the Lord must be obeyed in some way, and a ‘proxy’ way suggested itself to their minds." "They...," "their minds..."? UGH! :-(

Date: November 22, 2014 12:16PM

I have been thinking a lot about this, obsessing perhaps, and I think that the individuals that were attracted to their church maybe weren't the most well in the mind. Even historically it wasn't the norm to offer up a child to a grown man. These people were whacked, fricken whacked.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.