Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: london ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 01:16PM

Does anyone remember back in the 90's when variants of the pronouncement that "Joseph Smith was second only to Jesus Christ with regards to what he did for mankind?" I swear they used to say it in General Conference and meetings all the time. It was probably in the curriculum somewhere. Has anyone else noticed they never say that anymore?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2014 01:16PM by london.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: crathes ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 01:32PM

It's actually from the D&C (D&C 135: 3 Joseph Smith, the Prophet and Seer of the Lord, has done more, save Jesus only, for the salvation of men in this world, than any other man that ever lived in it.)

Oh, and boinked more married women and under aged girls, including foster daughters, than just about anyone, except his rightful successor, Warren Jeffs.

Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 01:39PM

I wonder how Neil Andersen is feeling right about now. The church really strung him out on the clothesline.

From Andersen's last conference address:

"I give you my witness that Jesus is the Christ, our Savior and Redeemer. He chose a holy man, a righteous man, to lead the Restoration of the fulness of His gospel. He chose Joseph Smith.

I testify that Joseph Smith was an honest and virtuous man, a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ. God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, did appear to him. He did translate the Book of Mormon by the gift and power of God."

An accompanying photograph shows multiple copies of the JS pamphlet with the Aryan Joseph Smith on its cover.

Bad timing, Neil. The church has made you look like the Idiot of the Decade. Bow your head and say thank you.

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 01:46PM

Agreed...and I thought Andersen might have been the one to jump ship and expose the con. I remember watching a previous talk of his and thinking he lacked conviction, seemed to be choking on his words, etc... Might have just been nerves, but I though he might have been "having doubts". Guess not...or maybe the Danites threatened his family...

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 02:02PM

Book of Mordor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I testify that Joseph Smith was an honest and
> virtuous man, a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ.
> God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, did
> appear to him. He did translate the Book of Mormon
> by the gift and power of God."

He could say the same thing about any Mormon without the divine visit and "translate" bit.

Hinckley lied in an interview and told GC that they misunderstood him.

How's that for honesty? When you have a second anointing the definition of honesty becomes relative all the while they corporate shills are extolling the virtues of an absolutist theological position.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 02:26PM

Anderson..another stooge that fell for the con.

Posted by: al-iced ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 02:37PM

I just can't stand it!!! I don't want my name on their records any more. I've been out mentally, emotionally and physically for over 25 years. Is it time to make it official?

My family are twisting themselves into pretzels trying to defend the indefensible. They are even praying about it and getting warm fuzzy feelings that his despicable behavior is all some how OK.

I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling, I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I need my family but, how can I even relate to them at all?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 01:52PM

Given that 90%+ of the world's population have never heard of JS, the LD Fucking S church presumes a lot don't they.

RB

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 02:39PM

It's like when Time magazine was choosing the "person of the 20th Century", and had an online "opinion poll". Mormons thought it was a "vote" and that time would choose the public's opinion, and they all voted for Gordon B. Hinckley. There were mass e-mails circulated among mormons encouraging all their friends to "vote". Can you imagine if Time had chosen as "person of the century" someone that 99+% of the world has never heard of?

Posted by: mobegone ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 02:42PM

The Morg will just change it to say that Joe is second only in what he did for mankind.... but FIRST in what he did to womankind!

Heh.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 02:46PM

JS himself said he was BETTER than Jesus Christ.

Well he was better at screwing many women than many guys are or ever will be.

Is there evidence that JS had any STDs?

Posted by: mobegone ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 02:47PM

No one can speak to the STD question for sure, but neurosyphilis would certainly explain a lot....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2014 02:48PM by mobegone.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.