Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: honest1 ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 01:11PM

How are Mormons reacting on their sites about this announcement....just not talking or still praising JS. Just curious.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: hopefulhusband ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 02:26PM

nothing from my tbm wife. funny...there was such a big push to update facebook profiles with 'I'm a mormon'....and a bigger push 3 or 4 weeks ago for 'meet the mormons' (our ward was told to push it on facebook, sign up to get it in our area, and given hashtags to promote it on tweets!!!).

nothing but silence from them on this topic...which is actually making national news.

hehe.

Posted by: al-iced ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 02:41PM

I just can't stand it!!! I don't want my name on their records any more. I've been out mentally, emotionally and physically for over 25 years. Is it time to make it official?

My family are twisting themselves into pretzels trying to defend the indefensible. They are even praying about it and getting warm fuzzy feelings that his despicable behavior is all some how OK.

I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling, I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I need my family but, how can I even relate to them at all?

Posted by: honest1 ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 04:15PM

I would make it official too. As someone said on another post I'd have guilt by association if I were Mormon and stayed in (I would cut my ties wit the Pedophyle JS)

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 02:44PM

I've had mormon family members "like" links on Facebook to the NY Times article. No comments from them.

Posted by: GC ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 02:48PM

For those heavily invested (years of attendance, "service" and tithing), they'll go a long way to make sure the church remains the only "true" one.

Posted by: lawman ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 02:51PM

I had to laugh this morning as I was thinking back to how literally every mormon I know was reposting the Church's video about the underwear that they all wear like it was some sort of grand revelation that will make everyone think mormism is cool. But not a peep from any TBM about these essays or the NYTimes/CNN/NBC/FoxNews coverage of JS's polygamy, polyandry and child-brides. Like Packer says, not all truth is helpful.

I'm also noticing fewer and fewer "I'm a Mormon" profile pics. Coincidence?

EDIT: Typos

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2014 02:52PM by lawman.

Posted by: Emmabiteback ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 02:59PM

It makes sense if the members are silent on social media because they know how closely monitored it is by other ward members, family, bishoprics and RS leadership. Nothing much will be said that can be too damaging. It will take time for the dust to settle and small numbers voicing together their frustrations and feelings of betrayal. Behind closed doors, yes there is for sure rumblings.

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 03:02PM

Mormons aren't informed enough, generally, to read anything which doesn't come down from the church grapevine.

That's why they get all in a hizzy about "Im a Mormon" campaign tripe and are relatively silent about anything else.

Yet if I shared that article today, I'd catch a shitstorm for being "anti"

It doesn;t matter what the church "admits" anything negative propagated by anyone else is "Anti"

That's brainwashing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.