Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 08, 2014 03:23PM

Seriously? How terrible and terrifying BUT the Mormon angle just shows how some Mormons are too trusting or too idiot. Left a door open? "...just don't happen around here..."?

And this logic baffles me.
"Heavenly Father had a hand it"
"I just hope it won't be traumatizing for the little girl"

So Heavenly Father saved her using her step father? But you hope it won't traumatize the girl?

So will Heavenly Father help her with her trauma if she has some? Will he save her from that too?

"The backyard butts up against a canal that separates the neighborhood from a bustling shopping center in the heart of Sandy, a city of 90,000 people that, like most parts of Utah, is predominantly Mormon.

"Things like that just don't happen around here," said Melissa Johnson, 26, who is staying in her parents' house that is next to the home where the abduction event occurred.

She said her younger sibling heard screams and commotion in the early morning and came to sleep with her downstairs. Johnson said they attend the same Mormon congregation as the family.

"I've been thinking that the Heavenly Father had a hand it," Johnson said. "He was protecting them. . . I just hope it won't be traumatizing for the little girl." "
http://www.aol.com/article/2014/11/08/dad-confronts-kidnapper-saves-5-year-old-daughter/20990721/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: November 08, 2014 03:25PM

Heavenly father sucks ass at protecting people

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2014 03:25PM by nonsequiter.

Date: November 08, 2014 03:44PM

LOL! You would think he could be "Smart"er about protecting.

Posted by: Stormin ( )
Date: November 08, 2014 10:06PM

Utah is the #1 state per capita for Fraud and that doesn't even count the LDS Scam. There have been major frauds from Logan, Ogden, SLC, Provo, to St. George and including and in between the LDS Scam.

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: November 08, 2014 10:12PM

And that's why UT is the MLM capital of the USA.

Date: November 09, 2014 11:23AM

I would agree with qualification. I believe Mormonism creates a culture conducive to plugging oneself into a pyramid that involves handing over money and preaching the imagined benefits of a product/religion.

They aren't just trusting but easily plugged in. Speaks volumes about Mormonism and how it trains people up in the way they should go.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: November 09, 2014 11:39AM

They are trusting ... of other Mormons. I remember once at BYU cashing a check in the mall using my 13 Articles of Faith card and the line "Would I have this in my purse if I weren't honest?" (I'd forgotten my wallet/driver's license but had my checkbook and purse.) Also, when we first moved to the last ward we were in, I said hello each Sunday to another family that seemed to always be sitting near us. After a month or so, the mom had found out I was a SAHM and asked if I would be interested in a job watching her kids a couple days a week. They were the same age as my kids and all pre-school age so that sounded great and it was. But the first day, I cleaned my house, double checked the baby proofing and was ready for her to check out the place where she'd be leaving her kids for 15-20 hours a week. Not even. She dropped them at the door without seeing if the house was clean, asking what I planned to feed them for lunch, making sure the house was safe etc. I was shocked because, Mormon or not, I'd never just drop my kids off at a virtual strangers house for them to watch without even once entering the place and getting an idea of the safety/cleanliness of the home and family there. Currently one of our neighbors runs a pre-school above her garage. The place is supremely unsafe (I've been in it) and frankly, filthy, and my neighbor has zero experience teaching. But all the local Mormons bring their kids there because she's Mormon and therefore, safe in their opinion. I don't know how or if she is even licensed and I'd never put my kids in such a ramshackle preschool. Both my kids went to very clean, well-run professional pre-schools and I'd be a nervous wreck leaving my little ones with someone that haphazard. But apparently being a Mormon is all you need to claim in order for other Mormons to trust you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.