Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: freeatlast2015 ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 06:15PM

I was talking to my TBM DW this morning about Dehlin, and I realized something. TSCC gives us two options: either believe all of it or shut up and pretend like you do so that you don't corrupt anyone else. They have no middle ground. So shouldn't all of us who haven't resigned yet go ahead and resign? It seems like until they see the full extent of the problem, they're never going to allow any kind of dissent.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: yes ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 06:20PM

Yes, we all should resign. The only problem is that most of us have some sort of TBM DW/DH that doesn't want us to resign. There is a balance between doing what you want and keeping the DW/DH happy.

Posted by: freeatlast2015 ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 06:27PM

*Sigh* I'm in the same boat. And yet I want to give others (including my kids, at some point) the courage to stand up and leave. Until more people do, I think there will be many who secretly want to resign but don't have the courage.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 06:47PM

Go for it!

Posted by: zenith ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 07:07PM

Just stop going to any of their stupid events. Church included, do not darking the door of that hellish place. Don't answer your door when they come, or just look at them like they are stupid. Trust me you will fall off their radar, they really only want your money, time, and free slave labor. The cult of the whoremonger truly only want to use you up until you are a dry empty husk, and then they will throw you away. They are not worth the effort to resign, would you resign from the Mickey Mouse Club, just be happily unconcerned about their needs and wants, be complacent, but show them no mercy they are soul sucking parasites. Think of them as door to door sells men trying to sell really poorly made merchandise. It is like a teenager working at a crappy minimum wage job where the boss is always a jerk and yelling at you. Would you bother to write a resignation letter to that cretin? No you just stop going to work, and not answer the phone when the boss from hell calls. He will eventually replace you with another victim and forget about you, so forget about these cultish people that follow the teaching of the mighty whoremonger.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2015 07:16PM by zenith.

Posted by: MCR ( )
Date: February 16, 2015 11:07AM

I kinda have to agree with this. Resigning is making a statement; but maybe it makes an even greater statement to say the equivalent of "you're not worth making a statement over."

Posted by: AKA Alma ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 07:18PM

There are different thoughts on resigning.

I don't do it because I'm already out. If TSCC wants to update their records they are free to do so, I don't care. If 'resigning' meant that all my records were deleted then I would probably do it, but it doesn't... they still have my name and SSN.... at least this way they don't have my current address.

Posted by: hausfrau ( )
Date: February 15, 2015 08:15PM

Woah, do they really have my Social Security Number?!

Posted by: pigsinzen ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 08:00PM

To resign I would have to give a f*ck about the church. I don't.

Posted by: celloman ( )
Date: February 11, 2015 08:06PM

Many here still do. They give a f*ck because they have family or friends in TSCC.

I posted my opinion about John Dehlin today on FB. The bishop commented and all his sheeple posted "I agree completely bishop!" or similar. When I was in highschool all my friends were TBM so the vast majority of my FB friends are too.
So FB probably isn't the best place for me to vent.

And I haven't resigned because my family is helping me pay for college and it's just to risky to alienate them more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2015 08:07PM by celloman.

Posted by: jstone ( )
Date: February 15, 2015 06:09PM

I've no intention of resigning, and when I move house I tell the church my new address. I want the HTs and missionaries to come round. Better they waste time with me than working with those who for many diffent reasons could be more susceptable. I have to try and restrain myself though as I want them to keep returning, but this doesn't always work out as there seems to be year long gaps or longer.
Two new HTs came six months or so ago, but nothing since. I can be a little abrupt, but only in that whatever they've got to say I've heard it before - or something very like it, I've read it before or even said it myself before.
If any of them try to bear testimony to me, pray, read scriptures etc they get interupted, and I continue telling them all the nonsense that is mormonism, and that a real life, possibly much better, awaits them outside the LDS church. I do keep them on the doorstep as I dont want to give them a chance, and as soon as I can feel my torrent start to ease a little I end the encounter, wish them well and give them some kind of challenge about honesty, courage and change.

Posted by: capitolmoroni ( )
Date: February 15, 2015 06:10PM

No we should not resign. We don't all care what they think.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: February 16, 2015 10:18AM

Um, I didn't resign because I cared what they think. For me, it was a matter of personal integrity. Plus when I moved back to Utah, I'm not on any Ward roster. Most of my neighbors have no idea I was ever LDS!

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: February 15, 2015 06:35PM

I have resigned. I used to believe that every non-believer should resign and couldn't understand why they didn't.

Then I found out that many of my "new heroes" have not resigned; e.g. Tom Phillips, Jeremy Runnells, the quorum from infantsonthrones (except Randy)...And I couldn't understand.

I learned that Churches (all, not just TSCC) have and are continuing to lose influence; they've lost political, socially and financially influences. It used to be a church could call for a boycott or tell their parishioners who to vote for or social issues such as legalizing Marijuana, Euthanasia, Same-sex marriage. Churches are now impotent and have no more influence or power over congregations. This is why everyone outside of the Moridor (members and non-members) aren't phazed at all by Kate Kelly's and John Dehlin's excommunications.

So Holland's rants or Oaks' "non-apology" speeches are just that, speeches that mean nothing. A dog barking at a moving train!!! Even Dehlin is still thinking and calling himself a Mormon. It's his Tribe, His Culture, etc... Can the corporation tell or make him stop calling himself "A Mormon???"

So the only reason to resign would be to lower the "fake" numbers which is just a smoke screen front to cover-up the fake, lying & thieving shenanigans of the leadership. But now the smoke screen is slowly being blown away by the truth and people who are calling them on their lies. Apostates, NoMs, non-Corp Media, Social media, podcasts, blogs, websites, etc... are all doing their part in shoving the mirror of reality into the Corporation's face.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: February 15, 2015 06:59PM

Mormons today know very little about what mormons were taught decades ago. They call us deceived, or confused, if not outright liars. Why? Because of the squeaky clean, sanitized, correlated, manipulated life they live.

I'm not always quiet about mormon history and doctrine when with TBM family, or when ward members visit me.

I am an inconvenient truth to them. Someone who knows things that they want forgotten. They WANT me to resign. Yes, I've been asked.

At the moment, I show up on various ward reports of being a slacker.. having once been BIC, primary grad, seminary grad, RM, temple married. They are compelled to visit me due to their rules. But they certainly don't want to.

They want me to go away. To disappear. So the old truths will go away with me.

Posted by: widowsmight ( )
Date: February 15, 2015 07:15PM

Let it begin.
Stand for what is right.
Speak in a language they'll listen
Offer your WIDOW's MIGHT!

http://www.imagesup.net/?di=814240375564

Widow's Might

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: February 15, 2015 08:04PM

Not resigning just gives them more power even if it only imagined. Don't give the CULT anything else. Haven't they taken enough from you already?

Posted by: Stormin ( )
Date: February 15, 2015 11:41PM

I am not sure of the value of formally resigning, but would if they threatened excommunication.

I doubt they will reduce their numbers of members by you resigning and you are just playing their game by resigning.

I just quit and when they did call told them I did not even have a minute to waste with lds inc. They have left me alone.

The real impact to the church is less tithing/donations and less morbots to do any work. One does not have to formally resign to accomplish those goals!

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: February 16, 2015 12:08AM

Everyone is different.

Resigning was the right thing for me to do. I didn't want my name attached to their stupid beliefs.

At least when people ask, as they often do in this area, "are you a member?", I can honestly and proudly say no.

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: February 16, 2015 12:29AM

I like having members or the missionaries come. Get to ask them what they really like about the Celestial kingdom. Turns out they haven't really thought it through.

Which is apparently why I go years between visits.

As mentioned above, they probably wish I would resign, but nice to share with them some alternative thinking.

And I don't think you recover from Mormonism when you're still afraid of it. Best to learn how to live with them peacefully. And I have some empathy - not many years ago I was one of them. If someone like me had shared what I do now, could have hastened my exit by a few decades.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: February 16, 2015 12:41AM

Since the church is a heartless, nameless corporation, what they "think" has no bearing.

A person should always follow their own conscience and weigh that against the desires/potential hurt of their spouse and children.

It is an extremely difficult decision we make when we are good and ready and yet so often we do not give our loved ones time to even come to grips with our new reality before we are expecting them to come around to our way of thinking.

"Be kind," said the Jewish Rabbi Hillel, "all else is commentary."

Kathleen Waters

Posted by: annieg ( )
Date: February 16, 2015 10:25AM

TSCC has a large body of doctrine. Being kind for the sake of being kind is not a part of that doctrine.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: February 16, 2015 10:37AM

I resigned because I never wanted to hear, "I'm your new home-teacher, bishop, visiting-teacher, etc."

Nope. No you're not. You have no claim on me whatsoever.

Posted by: Riverman ( )
Date: February 16, 2015 11:13AM

I would actually love for them to excommunicate me.

My wife does not want me to resign, so I havent.

But if they were to ex me, it would really piss her off. I say bring it on!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.