Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: November 04, 2014 09:18AM

So there is going to be some unnoticed summit against gay marriage at the Vatican and of course LDS leaders are dribbling with excitement to get in on it.

Apparently the 15 are sending the crying apostle himself to speak nonsense to the assembled body.

Church quote on the matter:

"At this time of rapidly declining moral values and the challenges to traditional family structures and relationships throughout the world, we are pleased to unite with the Catholic Church, other fellow Christian denominations and other world religions in standing firm and speaking clearly about the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman."

Wow. Sounds important. I hope these irrelevancies can help the situation. Check out the exciting details at LDS.org

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2014 09:22AM by generationofvipers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 04, 2014 10:18AM

He'll be a hick from the sticks in one of the most cosmopolitan settings in the world. My guess is that he'll wear white gym socks with his suit.

Posted by: Argonaut ( )
Date: November 04, 2014 10:19AM

What are they possibly hoping to accomplish? Sit in a room with all the Sith Lords, and plot against government policy?

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: November 04, 2014 11:00AM

Lecturing priests about the evils of homosexuality, you can't make this stuff up

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: November 04, 2014 01:25PM

I wonder if he'll get all choked up?

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: November 04, 2014 01:29PM

Gosh, I'll bet Monson would have gone if he were still able to conprehend it.

Posted by: Bert ( )
Date: November 04, 2014 01:30PM

The one thing he will do is what Mormonism has done from the start. Rip off what actual religions do. Then pretend to have a revelation. And bam. You've gotten Mormonism that much closer to what religions do.

Note:This is based on the idea that he will be in a Catholic Church, yes. But he will be exposed to other leaders of actual churches. He might even get an idea or two.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: November 04, 2014 02:00PM

Wow. They sent the crier. That right there is enough to show that the church is not interested in winning the battle against the "gay agenda". If the church cared they would have sent in a lion.

But no. They sent the crier.

When the crier arrives and sees first hand and up close the power and priesthoods of the whore of Babylon worn on the Outside of the clothing matched up with the really ornate and tall hats the crier is going to realize one thing. He don't know shite about actual Christian theology, rites, rituals and symbolism and he should have worn heavy duty Depends that day because not only will he cry but he will wet his shoes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2014 02:00PM by AmIDarkNow?.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: November 04, 2014 06:20PM

the idea of a Mormon HICK attending such a conference. It was polite of the Pope to extend the invitation to such a pissant organization.

Such an insular idiot in such a cosmopolitan setting. . .I hope he doesn't put his foot in his mouth TOO many times.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: November 04, 2014 02:29PM

Crying turtle man thinking he's cool.

Fuck this fraud. Lying I hate. Liars are scum. Hope the ducking plane goes down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2014 02:30PM by ozpoof.

Posted by: CTRringturnsmyfingergreen ( )
Date: November 04, 2014 04:17PM

Do you think he'll let ole' Francesco know he has more power in his little finger than the fuc*%ng "Holy See"?

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: November 04, 2014 07:36PM

A circle jerk at the Vatican! Wow, can I attend? Sounds kind of fun! Getting serious...

I don't mind if religious faiths say civil marriage is the responsibility of the State as a lawful, legal contracts and that they reserve the right to "bless marriages within their faiths according to their doctrines." It's when the faith tradition tries to influence civil law that I have problems. Catholics and Mormons would both benefit from getting out of the marriage business.

Frankly, I support gay marriage because I support the right of two people to enter into a civil contract and I actually believe in marriage. What I don't like to see is folks who continually marry, have kids, divorce and repeat the cycle mostly due to the instability for the children. My gay friends who have married tend to have stable relationships and their children feel secure With both their parents. Would that all kids have two, loving, committed parents in a stable relationship. The Boner

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: November 05, 2014 01:45AM

Sorry. I was writing under the influence of Jesus' brother, who made me do it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2014 01:47AM by beyondashadow.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: November 05, 2014 01:29PM

Wanker!!! Just kidding! Very unintentional puns, now back to that circle jerk! Boner.

Posted by: DarkLord12 ( )
Date: November 04, 2014 07:36PM

Oh my God. This is serious shit. They might issue a--dare I say it--proclamation.

Then TSCC will parade it all over like they were part of some major summit that actually got shit done.

Total comic book crap.

Posted by: DarkLord12 ( )
Date: November 04, 2014 07:37PM

Your tithing $ at work

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: November 04, 2014 08:04PM

Doesn't the morg's "Proclamation on the Family" from the 1990's count!???

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 04, 2014 08:09PM

If he starts crying, they're all going to look at him like he's lost his mind.

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: November 04, 2014 08:19PM

Epic fail somewhere at the COB. This scenario is why they have Uchtdorf. Why he's not going beggers comprehension.

Posted by: Zeniff ( )
Date: November 04, 2014 09:10PM

What's hilarious is that this "sect" actually thinks its such a major player. It's a pimple on the butt of world Christianity. Gosh, and guys like Bruce McConkie and Joseph Fielding Smith must be rolling over in their graves. Think what you want about them--and I think they were two bigoted cultists--but they were honest about what they thought...and they felt no need to suck up to what they preached was "apostate Christendom." They felt no desperate need for other churches to like them because they knew they were in the "one true church."

WTF? Why is Mormondumb so desperate these days to be accepted by an apostate Christianity that TSCC always taught was wrong... especially the "church of the devil" (i.e. Roman Catholicism)???

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: November 05, 2014 12:45AM

Another sure sign of a mormon 'hail Mary' mentality.....

praying a synod with Henry B Crying and the Pontiff is worth trying.

snort

Posted by: ChubbyTheFat ( )
Date: November 05, 2014 01:12AM

The biggest threat to families has little to do with sexual orientation. The real threat to family is abuse in its many forms. If followers of Jesus were truly with the times, they would stop going back outdated Old Testament ideas snd start addressing spousal snd child abuse. The leaders of the so-called churches should start issuing automatic excommunications to anybody who abuses and/or neglects their family.

Date: November 05, 2014 09:52AM

But then TBM spouses couldn't emotionally abandon apostates, which is one of the best control mechanisms this blessed church has in place...

Posted by: brigantia (not logged in) ( )
Date: November 05, 2014 07:04AM

And the bloody big elephant in the room? P-o-l-y-g-a-m-y.

Don't the big poobahs in SLC know that the whole world can see the elephant?

Briggy

Date: November 05, 2014 09:50AM

It is my belief that the pope did not invite Mormons to the table so that he could listen to Eyring cry about how nifty his grandma was.

After all, this pope is a man who--right or wrong--actually does things and makes decisions. He is not one of the LDS apostles who do nothing, know nothing, and get paid handsomely to fly around the world telling pointless stories they can't get anyone to listen to at their own dinner table.

I think the Mormons were probably invited so that Francis could try to talk sense into them about the design of their creepy compound, and maybe offer them the services of an architect that didn't graduate from Toole State.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: November 05, 2014 10:10AM

I'm in public education.... and I'd be really happy if most of the students had parents, any parents, instead of students being parentless -- but being the results of sex while the parents (whoever they were) were doing drugs.

It would be really cool if God's one and only true and living church would help with these types of social issues. But, they have malls and condos and apartments and ranches to run while still sticking their noses into other peoples' business who aren't harming society.

Posted by: ck (not logged in) ( )
Date: November 05, 2014 10:21AM

jpt, you've hit the nail on the head. A world full of problems to be solved and people to help, and TSCC is building a business and fighting against people's rights.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: November 05, 2014 01:22PM

Toole State University school of wedding cake architecture no less.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.