Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Hmmm... ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 12:52AM

It's been since before 7pm this evening that Beloved Spouse is being held in "secure" (?) area in the Everett Boeing building after reports of armed man on premise.

So far, everything seems to be going okay and I know of no one who has heard actual shots. So it's my hope someone saw a guy with a closed umbrella and got over excited due to the school shooting at high school a few miles away a few days ago. Still waiting for closure.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 12:54AM

I'm so sorry that you are left waiting. Hopefully it will come to nothing and your spouse will be home before too long.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2014 01:00AM by summer.

Posted by: Anonagain ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 12:55AM

Just do your best to hold on and keep your mind occupied. If your other half is in a secured area, she is safe, just keep reminding yourself of that.

Posted by: baneberry ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 12:56AM

I'm so sorry that you are experiencing the fear that you are. I'm sure it is very hard. I hope all of the people in the building are okay.

Date: October 31, 2014 01:19AM

Thank you, everyone, for your kind concerns. In my heart I just have to believe everyone is going to be okay.

Date: October 31, 2014 01:34AM

Everyone safely on way to their homes. Whew! For that one. Thanks again, everyone.

Date: October 31, 2014 02:33AM

Apparently, it got a bit exciting for a space. Swat teams from five cities descended upon Boeing 40-56. They made the employees walk all over the huge building (picture a room large enough to house several jet aircraft at same time) with their arms raised high in the air.

After the march, police wanted everyone to be carefully body searched, but with well over a thousand employees in room at time it wasn't logistically feasible. Or maybe the real reason is the night shift at Boeing is populated mostly by wrinkled senior citizens, and body searching them just wouldn't have been as much fun as patting down the day shift cuties. But, I think I'll give them benefit of the doubt this time. Fortunately after much hoopla the "All's Well Bell" sounded the safety to send everyone home.

So, rifle or mistaken umbrella? We've yet to learn.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 02:44AM

OMG, my sil just missed being there for that. My daughter was at a Dr. appointment next to the school when the shooting happened. She heard some gun shots. The whole thing has been just a bit too crazy. I'm glad that was a false alarm (?). Living in fear is no way to live.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 10:55AM

I'm so glad things turned out OK.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 09:25PM

Happy things are OK.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 09:43PM

Glad all turned out well.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 09:44PM

Wow. That sounds like it was a worrisome wait. I'm glad that everything is okay.

(Why aren't I seeing any "New" icons besides the messages today? Is it just me? Looking at the screen, it looks like there have been no messages today.)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.