Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 10:39PM

A former church employee talks about working for Mormon church.

http://mormonthink.com/personalstories/anonymous.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lr2014 ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 11:13PM

I hope this former church employee will continue to post,even though I've been out for more than 10 years I find COB stuff interesting,especially info the church tries to keep secret.

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 11:13PM

The link does not work for me.

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 11:16PM

Never mind. The link finally worked. There must have been some sort of a server problem rather than a bad link.

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 11:26PM

Great read. A few of the comments I like:

".....we would have to open our books to the government and that is never going to happen."

"I found it odd, that general authorities seemed to feel such high pressure to always be right."

"My final days working for the LDS Church were stressful as I sought out new employment. I felt as if I were working for the Ministry of Truth from Orwell's 1984. Instead of burning papers, I helped to deliver their rewrite of Church history over the digital medium."

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 12:09AM

I found those same comments interesting. Especially the one about the government. Apparently, all it would take is one mistake, or one little move that could cause a government audit. May Karma bite them in the ass.

Posted by: DR B. BUZZARD BAIT ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 12:16AM

How to turn a turd into a diamond of truth! It is a sick church that cannot rely on real truth to build upon. They have to polish and gold plate lies to make their great foundation with!

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 12:36AM

They contradict everything they say.
They should hire someone who keeps track of what others are doing so the don't keep doing this. As far as I'm concerned though, continue as is since I want to see it go down in flames NOW.

As my mom would say "Let's the hands know that they are washing each other."

Posted by: OregonBoy ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 01:07AM

It is my hope that all the members of the church wake and see this fat pig for what it is - absolute fraud. People would be free and so much better off. It is ashame this is the world we live in. Each of us know the truth...why dont they...sigh...

Posted by: OregonBoy ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 01:08AM

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 12:30PM

And the lipstick ain't helpin'.

Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 03:52AM

Interesting

Posted by: My Take ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 11:45AM

I hope that we hear more from this person.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 11:57AM

I would like to know more about that datacenter in the lds history library that will get you excommunicated if you access it without prior approval. I did not know that Jesus gave a fuck about Information Technology and records. He sure as hell didn't write anything down himself (that we know of and survived 2000 years in print.)

Also, it shows that few cob employees make it a habit to ask follow up questions odd answers given by COB HR volunteers.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 12:31PM

Fascinating

[raise eyebrow like Spock]

Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 02:12PM

I found it interesting, yet not surprising, that the cult is hiding its apologetic essays on its embarrassing and dark history, doctrines, and leaders so that you can only find them if you are specifically looking into a subject. MormonThink lists the essays at http://mormonthink.com/essays-responses-intro.htm but the Mormon cult does not. A Google search does not find them. They are supposed to be under LDS.org topics.

Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 06:20PM

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: November 01, 2014 03:10AM

"they had begun a tactic to attempt to group site traffic statistics into buckets of 'stalwart', 'show-and-go', etc. by somehow labeling site visitors. Talks about incorporating this bucketing into their future goals of site personalization were even made."

I found that chilling....someone could end up excommunicated before they knew they could resign with honor.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: November 01, 2014 05:19AM

It's lame.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: November 01, 2014 07:02AM

The church created the essays to counter claims it was hiding embarrassing parts of its history, then, as we expected, it INTENTIONALLY semi-hides the essays. Mmmmmm, smell the integrity.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: November 01, 2014 12:48PM

Only people who can adopt the attitude of: we/they are always doing the Lord's work, and the Lord doesn't make mistakes, and it's all done in the Lord's name will be able to work for the LDS Church. It's total loyalty without questioning the methods.
Don't think about it, just do it!
I experienced the same attitude when I worked for the LDS Church in the CES dept for a short time.

Posted by: greengobbleyguck ( )
Date: November 01, 2014 05:05PM

Hackers unite and attack the database. Before it's shutdown.

Posted by: Zeniff ( )
Date: November 01, 2014 05:08PM

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength....and we've always been at war with Oceania.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.