Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 09:05PM

Posthumously?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 09:08PM

Probably, because "that's behind us."

And in a few years we'll probably see same-sex posthumous sealings when the Morg gets it shit together on SSM. The Boner.

Posted by: lily ( )
Date: November 01, 2014 06:30PM

So many people seem to think the church will eventually cave on SSM. I just can't believe it will happen, at least not in the next 25 years or so. How can they? What about popping out babies? What about the giant push for Prop 8? What about all of the statements the church has publicly made about the topic?

I just can't see them ever accepting gay members as being in good standing, or doing same sex sealings, whether living or dead.

Posted by: lightenup ( )
Date: November 01, 2014 03:00AM

I would like to be sealed to Jimmy Hendrix

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 01, 2014 12:14PM

How about Jane Manning? I she still a servant to Joseph Smith in Heaven? Is she fetching his heavenly boots and washing his heavenly garments?

Here's a fabulous TBM response to that question:

"Jane Elisabeth Manning wanted to be Sealed to the Smith Family as a daughter. However Joseph Smith was dead, and it was many years later that she made this request.

So she was sealed to Joseph Smith as His Servant, because no one was allowed to be sealed to Joseph Smith after he was martyred by a mob of Anti-Mormons.

This was because of her own heartfelt request.

Today there are 50, 000 servants of Joseph Smith. They are called Mormon Missionaries, and they go throughout the World.

To be a servant of the greatest Prophet in history is an amazing honor. I truly envy her.

And all Mormons everywhere, all those who know of this event in history, honor her, and her eternal virtue. That she was worthy of such an honor, is really a staggeringly amazing thing."

Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: November 01, 2014 01:17PM

And here's your answer to that fabulous TBM response about Jane Manning, straight from the pen of Wilford Woodruff.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1297477

TBMs can be such idiots.

Posted by: nonutard ( )
Date: November 01, 2014 04:56PM

Sounds like one of those loser women that marry strangers that are in prison for life.

Posted by: lightenup ( )
Date: November 01, 2014 04:58PM

Thanks for posting this.
"To be a servant of the greatest Prophet in history is an amazing honor. I truly envy her."
I read that apologist's response a few weeks ago and wished the dimwit could be an 'enviable' servant to a black family right here and now.
Is she the same lady who escaped slavery to be with the mormons cause she was told they were anti-slavery only to be made a servant/maid in the Smith household like the girls he took advantage of??

"no one was allowed to be sealed to Joseph Smith after he was martyred" .......Aren't there cases of this happening?? I don't know if it was In Sacred Lonliness, but I swear I've read of that somewhere. And why would it matter if Smith was dead if its all a dynastic business with him and he supposedly never had sex with his plural wives.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 01, 2014 12:22PM

Actually, Jane Manning wanted to be sealed as a wife to a mormon member, Walker Lewis, who was a black priesthood-holding member. Her request was denied.
After being denied that sealing, she asked to be sealed to JS as a daughter, as Emma had once offered to "adopt" her. That request was denied as well.
She was then told that she could be "sealed" to JS as an eternal servant, which she accepted. So the sealing was done -- by proxy, with a white and delightsome temple-worthy woman standing in for her in the temple, as she was not allowed to be there because of her cursed black skin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Elizabeth_Manning_James

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: November 02, 2014 01:52AM

It'll be interesting to see if the church will seal mixed marriages that couldn't be sealed in the people's lifetime because of the church's institutionalized racism. Brigham Young said that in such conditions of mixed race marriage that both the man and woman should be killed on the spot.

Posted by: al-iced ( )
Date: November 02, 2014 02:00AM

Wow! I thought I had heard it all, but that's a new one on me.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: November 02, 2014 09:39AM

How would such a thing be tracked? What was to keep it from happening before 1978?

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 02, 2014 12:14PM

Good question.

Don't worry. God will sort it out.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.