Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 08:57PM

It's only fitting that the decision that the Women's Meeting was part of General Conference was after the fact.

http://www.sltrib.com/lifestyle/faith/1765034-155/general-conference-session-women-meeting-church

"The issue of what to call the LDS General Women’s Meeting, held twice a year on the Saturday before General Conference, has been settled.

The Utah-based faith’s governing First Presidency has decided that "the General Women’s Meeting will be designated as the General Women’s Session of General Conference," according to a statement Thursday by spokeswoman Jessica Moody."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 09:00PM

I just saw that article a few minutes ago. My first thought was that the leaders must be paying attention to all the negative criticism caused by prayer editing.

In a way it's pretty funny. How much correlating can the Morg do before they just keep repeating the same scripts over and over again, "I don't know that we teach that." Boner.

Posted by: Brainfrees ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 11:10PM

It's apparent in the TBM's comments that they have no clue where this is coming from. I guess we can hope they dig a little deeper.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.