Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: laperla ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 08:42PM

Santayana

I've always wanted this embroidered on a little pillow, (along with "You can't spell families without lies.")

I think the Mormon's in our lives are so downtrodden and stretched to the limit, they don't think twice about steping on us.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ThinkingOutLoud ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 10:51AM

THIS, to the max. It's why Mother Teresa and her policy of letting others suffer medically under her care, enraged me so. She was a nurse in Albania, so she new what pain they were in and that what she was doing was creating more, but offered nothing more than these words:

"This terrible pain is the kiss of Jesus" and then she told cancer patients that this kiss was to be their only comfort, as well as their only medicine. She said that their suffering was their righteous struggle on their walk to Jesus and that it must be done by them alone, that she would not allow herself to become the obstruction that gets in their way. She viewed avoidable suffering and unavoidable suffering in the exact same way, and sais so, often.

If pain or the source of the pain was fixable, she would not assist in any way to fix it: that pain and suffering was your "reward" for coming close to Jesus and the way in which you atoned for any sins she imagined you might have, confessed or otherwise.

I swear, I think if she had stayed in Albania as a nurse, she would have murdered a bunch of her patients either by actively doing something or deliberately withholding care from them.

And for your pillow, how about "You can't promise Forever Families (tm) without lies"

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 01:07PM

I think the fact that mormon forever families are worn to a frazzle (so, maybe the name, forever frazzled families fits?) only explains part of how active mormons threat family members who have taken another path.

When active mormons are constantly told how special and chosen they are being valiant and obedient members of God's only true church and have chosen God's way, not the devil's, I think it spells out radically how they should treat non-actives and apostates. There is really not much of a choice to do differently, unless you too are following the devil's path.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.