Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: EverAndAnon ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 11:33AM

Last night I was shown some particularly cringe-worthy posts on Facebook from Mormons. The posting were anti-Obama rants but it got me to thinking about a more general topic.

I started with the fact that the founders of Facebook are noted liberals, atheists, and Obama supports. Chris Hughes (the less famous co-founder) left Facebook in 2007 to go work for the Obama campaign. He created the social network that some people credit bringing enough young voters into the election to tip the results to Obama. Maybe an overstatement but still...

Zuckerberg is a noted liberal and self described atheist.

Posting your anti-liberal, pro-MO rants from your PC? Yeah, Bill Gates is an atheist liberal Democart.

So post from your Mac. Oh wait, Steve Jobs is a liberal Democrat Buddist. No gods in Buddism, it's a philosophical system with a set of practices. Yeah, Steve's an atheist. So's Apples' other founder, (Steve Woziak) just in case we're counting.

Ok, maybe they're all Linux users. Damn, that doesn't help Linus decribes himself as a liberl atheist and he's a big Obama supporter.

They could check the facts on Google, where they'd also find stories like:

"It's Google's presidency.

We're just watching it. Six Google executives, including CEO Eric Schmidt and cofounder Larry Page, have donated $25,000 apiece to fund President Barack Obama's swearing-in party.

http://gawker.com/5119039/google-execs-pay-150000-for-obama-bash

"

They could go post a video rant on Youtube but that's part of Google too :-)

Maybe they should just lock themselves into their bunkers and watch 'Family Friendly' DVDs like Toy Story, and Finding Nemo, and... Oh wait, those are all Pixar movies and that's another arm of Steve Job's liberal atheist octopus.

Do these people even notice?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: foolserrand2 ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 11:57AM

Interesting. Thanks for the post. Makes me wonder if there are more successful people who believe in placing their faith in themselves to get the job done instead of an "all knowing", mind controlling dogma.

Posted by: Thithter Thim ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 12:05PM

because I like your post.

Posted by: EverAndAnon ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 01:12PM

"There's a lot we can learn from smart people out in the world," says Stone. "One of the things I like so much about President Obama is his global vision that it's not a zero-sum game, where one country is going to win the game of earth. We have to work together." "I love that philosophy, and it fits with Twitter because we work with so many companies," he says. "The variety, the openness, and believing very basically that the open exchange of information is something that can impact the world in a positive way - from that belief, so many decisions are made easier."

So let's hope that the TBMs abandon Twitter too.

AFAIK, Stone, Dorsey, and Williams are all liberals.

Funny how many of te wealthiest entrepreneurs in America are liberals, athiests, and big contributors to charities.

Reminds me that guys like Bill Gates and Warren Buffett (second and third on Forbes list of billionaires) are working on not only giving away their fortunes but also signing up other billionaires to do the same:
http://www.mediaite.com/online/bill-gates-and-warren-buffett-convince-other-billionaires-to-donate-the-majority-of-their-wealth/

You'll find a lot of liberals and atheists on that list.

Do Mormons know that the philanthropic giving from all these liberals and atheists is vastly more than they and MORG give?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.