Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dennis Moore ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 09:36AM

The Hughes (Maleisa and Todd) have entered a not guilty plea for the deaths of 21 dogs at their so called Doggie Disneyland.

The report is out- 1,880 pages. The 7 dogs that were necropsied did NOT have any food in their stomachs. Their bags of dog food were found unopened in the Hughes' garage. One dog suffered for 4 hours and then died. During this time the Flakes had plenty of time to call a vet, but did not seek any kind of vet support.

The theory of the dogs chewing the wires causing the a/c to go out was a bunch of bullsh!t.

Here's the report:

http://lmgcorporate.com/kpho/news/deaddogsreport.pdf

I'm still so f*cking mad about this. My hope is they get jail time and fined up the wazoo.

And yes, they were people's beloved pets and companions, not "just dogs!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 10:07AM

I've seen so many reports in the news about dogs being abused, etc., that I just can't take it anymore.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 11:45AM

Same here. I'll take the OP's word for it.

Date: October 30, 2014 09:13PM

I've followed the case from the beginning. I accidently found out about the case when I was on Go Fund Me and one of the families was raising money for a necropsy.

And my journey following the case from southern California had begun.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 12:05PM

It just breaks my heart and I just don't think I can take it anymore. Just saw another report about a dog left in a dumpster when the family moved. It was skin and bones. I wish we could do to these people what they do to animals.

Posted by: azdaughter ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 02:05PM

If LDS members feel so little for animals, what must they feel for humans--especially vulnerable ones, like children, the folks with disabilites, and seniors? I wonder . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2014 02:05PM by azdaughter.

Posted by: abaddon ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 02:14PM

Let's not be absurd and paint an inaccurate picture of LDS people not caring for animals.

Take the religion out of it here. They were stupid people. Wouldn't matter what religion they are.

One of my wife's friends on FB (who is Mormon, sadly) is broken up and very sad about having to put their family dog down.

There are hundreds of reasons why Mormons are stupid, but painting them all with a broad brush of animal cruelty or indifference is not one of them.

Date: October 30, 2014 09:10PM

"Take the religion out of it here. They were stupid people. Wouldn't matter what religion they are."

Thank you! VERY stoopid people!

The more I read of the report, the more upset I get.

Stupid f*cking people. No food, no water, no reasonable shelter. They should go through the same thing. Tent city in the middle of the summer without food or water?

Dennis

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.