Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: MakesMyHeadSwim ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 02:10AM

This bombshell material comes courtesy of fearlessfixxer on the exmormon red-dit page.

I thought I had heard most of the juicy stories about Joe Smith's sexual improprieties, until I saw this. It sure fits with what I've come to learn about the oversexed bastard.

Old Joe first tries to get in her bloomers via the religious angle, but Melissa wasn't buying any of that. Afterwards, when that didn't work he resorted to becoming a pimp trying to press her into prostitution. In my book, this really is blistering material for the TSCC. It's comes from sworn affidavit in front of a judge and printed in the newspaper. How will TBM's spin this one?

Old Joe must have been daily bathing in some really spiritually sticky tar to keep the all important 'Holy Spirit' with him that was needed to complete his high religious calling of prophet. Oh yeah, that's right - he did get covered in some tar once, but the only thing that stuck to him then, were some feathers.

Seriously, TBM's he didn't keep the Holy Spirit with through all these major peccadilloes, which completely invalidates the religion HE came up with.

THIS is the primary source. http://idnc.library.illinois.edu/cgi-bin/illinois?a=d&d=SJO18420715&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN-------

Here is the very juicy excerpt. There are a lot of other gems in the link as well:

From the July 15, 1842 edition of the Sangamo Journal. (State of Illinois, ss. McDonough County.)
Personally appeared before me, Abraham Fulkerson, one of the Justices of the Peace in and for said county, Melissa Schindle, who, being duly sworn according to law, deposeth and saith, that in the fall of 1841, she was staying one night with the widow Fuller, who has recently been married to a Mr. Warren, in the city of Nauvoo, and that Joseph Smith came into the room where she was sleeping about 10 o'clock at night, and after making a few remarks came to her bed-side, and asked her if he could have the privilege of sleeping with her. She immediately replied NO. He, on the receipt of the above answer told her it was the will of the Lord that he should have illicit intercourse with her, and that he never proceeded to do any thing of that kind with any woman without first having the will of the Lord on the subject; and further he told her that if she would consent to let him have such intercourse with her, she could make his house her home as long as she wished to do so, and that she should never want for anything it was in his power to assist her to -- but she would not consent to it. He then told her that if she would let him sleep with her that night he would give her five dollars -- but she refused all his propositions. He then told her that she must never tell of his propositions to her, for he had ALL influence in that place, and if she told he would ruin her character, and she would be under the necessity of leaving. He then went to an adjoining bed where the Widow ____ was sleeping -- got into bed with her and laid there until about 1 o'clock, when he got up, bid them good night, and left them, and further this deponent saith not.
MELISSA (her X mark) SCHINDLE. Subscribed and sworn to before me, this 2d day July, 1842. A. FULKERSON, J. P. (seal).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: moose ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 01:04PM

$5 in 1842 would be worth $142.86 today, according to inflation calculators.

Posted by: Chicken N. Bacpacks ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 02:50PM

5 dollars.

Would that be "prostitithing"?

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 02:54PM

I think they called Joseph Smith....Snoop Joe Dogg.

Posted by: Facsimile 3 ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 03:46PM

I cannot find the widow Fuller/Warren on any of the lists for Joseph Smith's wives. It sounds like he came for a booty call and changed tack when he saw Melissa. When she turned him down, he went ahead and tapped the widow (presumably, not the first time).

It would be VERY interesting to find the widow on a sealing list, since it would independently corroborate Melissa's account. Of course, I would take her word for it, since her story is very consistent with that told by the others who rejected dirty Joe.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 05:52PM

Joey, you're a lightweight loser.

You think you're woody woodpecker.

Well you half right you little prick.

You don't even know how to treat your hoes.

Unlike you, I leaves em beggin fo mo.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.