Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 01:51AM

Just for a few minutes, let's suppose that we were somewhat believers in the CULT (one foot in and one foot out so to speak). There have been 16 profits including JS in 184 years. I know that this is not the way it is done, but this averages to a new profit every 11.5 years.

Now go back to our supposition; God speaks to these profits directly since they restored the correct CULT to the earth. Does anyone really believe that God would change his mind roughly every 11.5 years? Remember that a living profit trumps the dead one.
11.5 years is not that much time on earth. In God terms it is a fraction of a second (in our supposition). God would have to be seriously mentally ill to change his mind that often.

No CULT should have such drastic changes in such a short time. It just doesn't add up does it?

Even if everything else made sense (which of course it doesn't) this many changes would make me go WTF?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 02:29AM

One might think that their presidents are different men in different times with no purpose in common other than job security.

But that would be presumptive and less than faith-promoting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2014 02:30AM by donbagley.

Posted by: nutbutter ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 02:50AM

Supposing...........clonk.

Sorry my mind waundered. What were we talking about.

Oh ya polyandry its what's very dinner......ok if they're really comin' at you with an army. That was a close one. oh now you want statehood..alright let 'er loose..

blacks? yah yah I thought we were cool with this .....unless they'll sue..? You think they'll sue? alright let 'em have it.

gays? there was that time in Greece....well hell let the gays have it too. Marriage...? Let me think about it.

Posted by: nutbutter ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 02:53AM

polyandry it's what's FOR dinner, sorry I botched my tasteless joke

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 02:50AM

'i know' the Morg reply/response:

god changes what is asked/required according to us/our needs & capabilities-faith.

I could believe that premise, but NOT the way it happens in Morland.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.