Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: vastness ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 08:12PM

My father was the son of a violent alcoholic. He also battled with depression when mental health care was little more than voodoo. When he was introduced to Mormonism, the cult aspects were like a breath of fresh air. Unfortunately, there is a $#!tload of baggage that comes with Mormonism that caused different problems for my siblings and many of the grandchildren.

Surely there is a way to break the cycle of alcoholism and abuse without resorting to suffocating beliefs like Mormonism.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 12:16AM

Surely, there must be.

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 02:03PM

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 02:47PM

My BIC TBM dad was called a dry-drunk by more than one mental health therapist. He was also abusive and almost certainly had untreated mental illness. Who knows how he might have been better or worse without TSCC. I'm sure alcohol would have done him (and us) no favors, but church was a big trigger for his control freak rages. Of his six kids, the two TBMs are the most functional--go figure.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.